Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-08-2016, 06:57 AM

Welcome Sunrise450 and silliness to the UFO police-free zone! If you wish to count your UFOs and share that number, you may, but it certainly is not requirement. Some people do feel better when they post their count...it's an "ah, I said it aloud" moment and it isn't so bad afterwards. This place is for getting inspiration. and accolades for finishing some or all of your UFOs. If sharing how many UFOs you have makes you feel bad, don't do it. Just pick one of your UFOs up and start working on it. Some of us are selecting our easiest finish, the one needing the least amount of work, so we start 2016 off right and keep this train a rollin'! (This morning I'm putting the finishing stitches in my first UFO finish of the year. It only needs another hour's work so I should post it later. My others, well, they'll take more time.) So, come here, tell us what your are working on, and we'll try to keep you on track and focused on the light at the end of the tunnel!

Tkhooper, it was RetiredTeacher who managed to remove 4 UFOs from her stack. I should only be so lucky. No, strike that, make it industrious!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:04 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539686[/ATTACH]So here is my first finish for 2016. I think I pieced this about 5-6 years ago and started hand quilting it; it was on-again, off-again for a few years; then I wanted to finish it up for last Christmas, then again for this Christmas. Well, it it done for NEXT Christmas! Lol. This is a Thimbleberries pattern from 2007, Village Square, with mostly T/berries fabrics, quilt lite batting (polyester) and hand quilting (which has gotten pretty rusty!). But it's done and I'm happy![ATTACH=CONFIG]539685[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpg  
Old 01-08-2016, 11:44 AM

Same for me, between 5 and 20 something......but I am determined to get those done before anything new.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM

Lovely, QltrSue! It's beautiful (love Thimbleberries) and your hand quilting is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing these pix! Toot, Toot! Another terrific finish...

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539686[/ATTACH]So here is my first finish for 2016. I think I pieced this about 5-6 years ago and started hand quilting it; it was on-again, off-again for a few years; then I wanted to finish it up for last Christmas, then again for this Christmas. Well, it it done for NEXT Christmas! Lol. This is a Thimbleberries pattern from 2007, Village Square, with mostly T/berries fabrics, quilt lite batting (polyester) and hand quilting (which has gotten pretty rusty!). But it's done and I'm happy![ATTACH=CONFIG]539685[/ATTACH]
Old 01-08-2016, 01:50 PM

Ok, here's my first finish for 2016. (A little Toot toot for me ) This is one I put together about a year ago i guess. It was meant to be a small MQ practice piece. I did the minimal mq'ing and then put it aside. All it needed was a binding. It's now a piece for my old cat Gracie who's as thin as a cat can be and still be alive. She loves her spot on the dryer but she needs padding to sit on. Now this is hers, or it will be as soon as I wash it tonight. ( The squares came from various swaps on the QB, including the last two birthday candy swaps.) Sorry about the poor pic. I was in a hurry to actually post a finish. Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539701[/ATTACH]

One down! Yeah! Next one will probably be a red/white wall-hanging sized log cabin quilt that came from someone who didn't want to finish it. It was partially hand quilted but I took out most of it and redid it by hand. Now there's only a few hours of hand quilting left and I've got to make and attach a binding. Once done, it'll hang in our little red cabin. Can't wait to finish that one!
Attached Thumbnails little-candy-quilt.jpg  
Old 01-08-2016, 02:07 PM

Toot toot! Janice McC! Lovely finishes gang.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:38 PM

QltrSue love the pattern and colours. Congratulations on your first 2016 finish.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Janice McC love the quilt so will Gracie I'm sure.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:05 PM

Thank you, Ladies.

Janice McC: such a sweet quilt for a good cause! Hope it keeps your kitty cozy warm.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:31 PM

ditto qltrsue. My kitty has a little pad that she ignores in favor to my heating pad.

Finished and turned in the raggedy brick quilt. It ended up larger than I anticipated. i finished it at quilt club and turned it in so I didn't get a picture but the club photographer did. i have no idea if I can get a copy for here.

So now it's the christmas heart table runner. my new dead line is to have it finished by Tuesday. Wish me luck.