Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-06-2016, 12:45 PM

Great finishes!

I enlarged 4 baby quilt tops that were donated to a charity but were too small for the charity's dimensions. I also sandwiched, pillow-turned, and topstitched them. Now other volunteers will tie the quilts. I dropped them off at the charity last night.

I'm excited I get to add them to the finished lists!

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539548[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 01-06-2016, 09:55 PM

Wow! You ladies already have some wonderful finishes! I have UFOs lurking too so will join you all in getting some of these PUPS off my todo stack. I am a little afraid to count them...but will. My goal is to finish about one per month and hopefully not add anymore to the stack either
Old 01-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
I will be jumping on this train too-- I have way too many! Large and small in many stages of completion from just cut out, partially made blocks, stacks of blocks, constructed tops needing borders and tops waiting for quilting... Some I want to just make go away ( pass on) , some I truly want to finish. I can certainly use some encouragement and motivation.
Ditto on this! Looking forward to the camaraderie here.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:51 AM

Sandwiched a UFO and was going to get to work on it. Unfortunately my marking pen decided to die! Off to the quilt store later today to get new marking pens so I can get back to work.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:02 AM

Equigle5 - i've had the same thing happen. And with me it was 5am and I had to go to WalMart. The pens I got weren't very good.

The raggedy brick is sewn now all I have to do is cut the raw edges of each brick into 1/4 inch fringe. I'm thinking about a week if I don't get help. But it does mean the table runner UFO is on the machine. Today I did the stitch in the ditch around the outside and inside borders. Yeah, 8 hearts to go to the finish line. Hope to be done before tuesday. That's my start date for the Star Flower UFO. Tight deadlines right now.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:36 AM

RetiredTeacher, FOUR UFOs off your stack! Wonderful! You get a big TOOT TOOT and WOO WOO for that. Congratulations. How lovely that they are charity quilts. Four young someones will be happy to receive them. Great job.

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Great finishes!

I enlarged 4 baby quilt tops that were donated to a charity but were too small for the charity's dimensions. I also sandwiched, pillow-turned, and topstitched them. Now other volunteers will tie the quilts. I dropped them off at the charity last night.

I'm excited I get to add them to the finished lists!

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539548[/ATTACH]
Old 01-07-2016, 07:41 AM

Mariposa and LuckyAlf2, welcome! The more, the merrier and more to inspire all of us. Be sure to post pix as you finish. We like to ohhh and ahhhh.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:49 AM

I looked up the raggedy brick pattern. It would definitely be one to use up some of my larger scrap pieces. Will probably make one myself. Look forward to seeing yours all finished.
Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post

The raggedy brick is sewn now all I have to do is cut the raw edges of each brick into 1/4 inch fringe.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-07-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:57 AM

Janice from Georgia, I know this is off the road, but why is your wonderful dogs nose red? Barny
Old 01-07-2016, 10:13 AM

I'm in. I started last year, but slacked off towards the end - at least in tracking UFOs. Last year I had 23 UFOs to quilt. This year I have 26 (22 to quilt, 4 to bind). The good news is they aren't all the same ones. I actually finished more quilts last year than I thought. However, I need to focus this year - 22 to quilt, 4 to bind, 10 in progress - make that 14, if I add in my New Year's mystery quilts. And I won't even talk about the piles of fabric/patterns that scatter around my room. The challenge is making time for my own quilts on the longarm, in between customer quilts. Speaking of which - I have 2 custom quilts due in the next 2 weeks and better get my act together there.