Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-26-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
I have a number of charity lap quilts to do so no UFO work for the next few weeks.
I'm in the same boat...10 charity tops finished & now working on them to get them quilted. Hope to have at least 4 totally finished by guild meeting 4/11. So, UFO's on hold till at least June. Love looking at all the beautiful finishes!
Old 03-27-2016, 05:37 AM

I love all of the lovely finishes so far this year. Such creative and pretty projects everyone.

Happy Easter everyone, or if you don't celebrate Easter, have a Happy, Happy day everyway!!!!!

I went to a Guild retreat and finished 2 UFO tops (both will go to a quilter). I also completed a UFO small dog throw quilt top and an Easter Table runner top UFO. The table runner won't be complete for this years use, but will be for next year. As I get them quilted and bind I will post pics.

I'm currently working on sewing a top (using my 2 1/2" candy from swaps on this QB.) and doing a quilt along of the AK crossroads from the 2016-2017 BD candy swap site on QB. Even if you are not a BD swapper, you can joy in on the quilt alongs (QA). We should have a few more QA later in the year. Oh well, back to pinning and sewing. .
Old 03-27-2016, 07:21 AM

Lovely quilt, Krista. Everyone can use an extra warm quilt, especially such a pretty one. Toot, Toot for another UFO finish!
Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Woohoo! Another UFO finish for me. Flowers in my Windows was a New Year's Eve mystery in 2014, and has been hanging in my "to be quilted" closet for over a year. I finally pulled it out, quilted it last month and just finished the binding today. It weighs a ton! It's about 80" square, but the backing is a red/grey/white zigzag pattern, and when I got ready to quilt it, I noticed that it showed through, despite using a white batting. So, I doubled up the (100% cotton) batting. It definitely doesn't show through now, but it makes for one heavy quilt. I guess it'll be a winter quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]546135[/ATTACH]
Old 03-27-2016, 08:13 AM

Update on our monthly UFO goals. This month, so far, we've had another 8 finishes from JulieR, Jaba, Rryder, AnokaQuilter and Kristakz. Congratulations and a group Toot, Toot goes out to you. The total to date for March is now 27, one for each day of the month so far. Excellent finishes!

I'll give you the final March tally a few days into April so you have a chance to post your last minute March finishes. Can't wait to see if we can keep up the average of one a day this month!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:16 AM

Jaba - beautiful quilt for your Great Grand Daughter. I really like the panel and the way you bordered it.

Kristakz - congratulations on your finish of Flowers in my Windows. It looks simple, yet very elegant; however, it bet it wasn't all that simple as there looks to be a lot of small pieces.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I started it when she was a baby, then decided I keep it for awhile then make it into a big girl quilt. I added the pink, purple and teal borders now to make it an oversized single.
Beautiful quilt for a beautiful little girl!! I love the colors, Jaba!!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:08 AM

Well, I finished the panel top for my grandson, and pieced the backing. I hope to get it loaded on the frame and (fingers crossed) quilted and bound by Thursday, to be able to count it as a second UFO for March.

Then I have a couple more tops ready to load for an April finish!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Seeing more great finishes here!
Krista, what a nice quilt for winter! Jaba, your GGD is sure a cutie, and terrific quilt for her!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Kristakz - congratulations on your finish of Flowers in my Windows. It looks simple, yet very elegant; however, it bet it wasn't all that simple as there looks to be a lot of small pieces.
Lots of small pieces, but I got lucky. When the mystery instructions first came out I refused to cut 1400 1.5" squares - oh my goodness I almost dropped out at that point. But I held on for the first sewing instructions, and figured out that this could easily be strip pieced from 1.5" strips, rather than cutting individual squares. It got a lot easier then
Old 03-29-2016, 04:15 AM

Loving the newest finishes jaba and Krista!