Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mona Marie
My DD and DGK have shown me once again how much I mean to them. Gave them presents but don't come up to the standard of what my DD got them. When all over and done..Well, nothing for me.
I'm so sorry. I know the feeling our GDs are in college and working now, and shop abundantly for their immediate family. We still give individual gifts but just get gifts "from the family." DH says he thinks we should stop giving the girls gifts but they contribute suggestions for our gifts, wrap them and seem to really appreciate what we give them so I wouldn't enjoy Christmas if I neglected them. One big gift is that they tell me they have kept every article of clothing and doll clothing I've ever made them. I think women like you and me wait too long to express ourselves and are reduced to just being good grammas.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 PM

I got a Accuquilt Go from DH and I got myself (DH doesn't know, YET) 7 dies!! Found them on ebay for a fraction of the cost. That's a good enough reason for me to purchase as many as I want, right????
I also got a WII, camera and a bunch of other stuff. Hubby, I mean, Santa, was good to me this year.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 PM

A new embroidery machine, some piggy calendars, socks, chocolate oh yeah !!! and more chocolate.. Gotta wait to see what we get from the grands it should be fun (they have to celebrate with DD's family and not ours on Holidays, so we wait then go see them after the Holidays).
Old 12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

Any child can draw a picture or make a nice card if they cannot go buy a gift. My niece has always made DH and me something every year for our birthday and Christmas. I still have the cards and little story books she made for me when she was in grade school. She learned to knit and made beautiful scarves for DH and me this year. Guess who will get the big whopper gift for High School graduation and who will receive a Congrat card with a token gift. The other nieces and nephews never take the time to say Hi, how are you and we never get a thank you for our gifts to them.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:49 PM

I was very fortunate and blessed to have an amazing family and awesome in-laws :)
I got a Janome 3128 sewing machine from my soon to be step-mom (I'm using her old machine right now!) 2 rulers an 8 1/2 x 24'' which I really neeeded, a triangle ruler, a new big cutting mat and new cutting table to go with it, replacement rotary blade, leather thimble (yay!), a giftcard to Hancocks, some quilting magazines (can you tell my family likes my new hobby?)

And some other stuff for my other favorite hobby...hunting and fishing (including a hot pink ice fishing pole..I have never been ice fishing but cant wait to try!) My hubby already bought me my own rifle last month (nothing says love like that right!?)...some range of hobbies I have huh!

But I also got to give away a lot of my quilting projects so that by far made my Christmas even more memorable!

my new machine and my machine I've been using
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148126[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-148121.jpe  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:50 PM

After an earlier birthday/Christmas gift of a sewing/embroidery machine and Corel PaintShop Pro, I got a Kitchenaid hand mixer, fruit cake (I requested), lots of chocolate, a supertote to hold fat quarters, etc. AND a huge bag of Moda Mystic Garden fat quarters and yardage. I also got two beautiful pieces of pottery with sunflowers and a pedestal bowl with clematis design. And I got a beautiful plush teal bathrobe that makes me look like a turquoise whale but is so cozy. Ah, well. DH remembers when I was cute -- now I'm into cozy.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:51 PM

:) Hubby was feeling quilty & got me this laptop so I could get back online! I also got Bath & Body products, pjs, a warm blanket, a huge stocking full of all kinds of goodies!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM

I got a steam press for my t-shirt quilts and a printer for my quiltroom and a web cam for my laptop,a book Grow Old With Me by Melinda Evaul she is on our QB.And DH made a
Quilt Certificate for one free quilting day .....
Redeemable for : All meals served,foot rub included.
Expires 12/31/2011
Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cheryl
Well I didn't get anything but that's ok but I gave a friend a gift and I have a few gifts for my son and his gf. I just couldn't afford to really go buy for more this year. Also I have no DH or BF it's just me and my Lucy Lu Lu (shih tzu ), Allie (umbrella cockatoo), Ricki (cockatiel). And Most of All I have Jesus Christ in my Life...
I agree that we have the best gift when we have Jesus. Gail
Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sewslow
Originally Posted by Mona Marie
My DD and DGK have shown me once again how much I mean to them. Gave them presents but don't come up to the standard of what my DD got them. When all over and done..Well, nothing for me.
I'm sorry and understand how you feel. Received a GPS from DH but not a single gift from either child or grandchild. We have always made birthdays, holidays,etc. special for each of them but they seem to forget us... Didn't do all that for them to "pay" us back but sometimes a card or note would be nice... I just love them anyway.

I'm so sorry. I know the feeling our GDs are in college and working now, and shop abundantly for their immediate family. We still give individual gifts but just get gifts "from the family." DH says he thinks we should stop giving the girls gifts but they contribute suggestions for our gifts, wrap them and seem to really appreciate what we give them so I wouldn't enjoy Christmas if I neglected them. One big gift is that they tell me they have kept every article of clothing and doll clothing I've ever made them. I think women like you and me wait too long to express ourselves and are reduced to just being good grammas.