Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 04-17-2018, 06:35 AM

Great job, Sewbiz! I see my block.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
TA DA!! I finished the Hummingbird quilt! I'm posting it here because I don't think anyone would be reading Hummingbird anymore. The blocks are so beautiful! I don't think my pics show the quilting very well, but you can get the gist of it. Thank you ladies of Hummingbird, for your lovely work! I'm keeping this one. The colors looks just awesome in person!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593068[/ATTACH]

Did you find your block?
Old 04-17-2018, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
What is the difference between the two? I thought they were the same thing. Help.
I use the two terms interchangeably, but will be interested to hear Kass' take on it.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:38 AM

Oh and there is my block I made you sewbiz. It turned out well. Looks cozy and warm.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 AM

Sewbiz, love the finished quilt and your quilting is so pretty

I need to work on my grand daughter’s boom quilt but have been really pushing to get the 26 charity quilts quilted and on their way. It will be a large weight lifted off my shoulders.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sewbiz, love the finished quilt and your quilting is so pretty

I need to work on my grand daughter’s boom quilt but have been really pushing to get the 26 charity quilts quilted and on their way. It will be a large weight lifted off my shoulders.
Thank you... that is a huge undertaking, Terri. Do you have to do all the bindings as well?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 PM

Sew that is SO pretty! The colors matched so perfect!! I love the QAYG that you do! Terri are you quilting the 26 yourself or having them quilted?? Wish I lived closer I would help you bind them!! I'm working on another scrappy quilt, waiting for the Quail to arrive so I can start on it. Took my 1st ever Tai Chi class this morning. I really liked it. Suppose to help with balance and relaxation. Need to do something besides work all day then quilt then sleep..
Old 04-17-2018, 12:23 PM

Joan I am quilting the 26 myself. Right now 6 are totally completed, 3 are quilted and need to be squared up and bound, one is on the machine in process of being quilted and another is almost done, didn’t like part of the quilting and ripped it out. Three more are larger and need pieced backs but the rest aren’t as wide. Will work on them next. Like to mail them in groups of 10. Thanks for the offer on the binding. It would be nice. Next time I won’t agree to take so many at one time. A great learning expierence
Old 04-17-2018, 12:24 PM

Forgot to say I would also like to learn Tai Chi.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:27 PM

I cant imagine having that many to quilt unless you had a long arm that was computerized...it would take me years! I liked the class..will go back each Tues as long as they have them. Audrey got home but her step father in law died so they had to go to Calif. Probably wont be back till next week so I guess I wont get my quilts for a couple of weeks. Its ok though..I might have a couple more to go to her by then! LOL
Old 04-17-2018, 03:24 PM

One block wonders according to the lady who wrote the book are hexies or octagons (w/ matching squaring triangles) all from one fabric sewn together w/o any sashing or "breaking" up of the quilt into sections, so that they all interconnect. She does make exceptions for 3D cubes and some triangles but not to many (whatever the heck that means)

Stack and wack are quilts made of stacked fabrics cut on the same spot and sewn together like a kaleidoscope, but you can do all kinds of borders, sashing, fancy piecing, the whole quilt doesn't have to look like one hot mess.

This is a OBW
https://www.google.com/search?q=one+...E1cbTFiaiXeZM:

This is a stack and wack
https://www.google.com/search?q=one+...MMNEyEHZLlBbM:

I don't really do OBW the way the lady who wrote the book defines it I do stack and wack.