Ever Worry about Posting?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 AM

NOPE! Not even for a minute.

Josi in Sebring
Old 03-10-2011, 12:33 PM

I don't worry about it, I'm very careful about what sites I belong to and how much info on myself I'm willing to give up. I never put in my full address or martial status or anything about my DH because of the work he does. When I upload a photo of my family I control the access permissions to the photos.

The house is secure with big dog that really is an angel he just doesn't like the door bell or someone knocking and then he barks, and an alarm system so I'm not too concerned there. I don't answer phone numbers I don't recognize or open the door to someone I don't know.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:10 PM

I guess it would be a good idea if we all start talking about how many guns and big dogs we have! And the fact that the chief of police lives across the street ~ ~ ~
Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 PM

I don't worry about this site. I don't do facebook or twitter.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

No not at all.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 AM

With Google Earth you can track right to the driveway, but if you look properly the scene is probably quite old, unless the satellite happened to be scanning your area the day before. As has already been said, if someone wants to find you they will. Same as all the call centres get your phone number, name etc. for cold canvassing, wether they are legitimate or scammers. Thanks to technological progress we are loosing our privacy, and maybe our sanity if we let it worry us too much.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.
There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.
First...BluegrassGurl...I NEVER knew that digital camera with GPS could be identified! Yikes! Okay...back to my digital, it takes better pics anyway.
Lv2sew...I think it's google maps -- the pic shown of our home is old since the car in our drive we haven't had for years! It is so creepy. We don't own guns, but our dog does have a big mouth but she's only 45 lbs! LOL! Would she scare you?? (this is from my "digital" camera, so it's an older pic. Pic she's 6 month, now 2 yr.)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134203.jpe  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 AM

look at spokeo, now thats scary
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
No, but I'm not a paranoid person. Plus if somebody really wants to find you, they're going to find you.
I agree completely :-D
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 PM

I don't think you have to be a paranoid person to use caution on the internet. The reality is that there are a lot of ways that you can get hurt by unscrupulous people. When my kids were little as a family we made an internet agreement. We all chose pen names to use on the internet (LOL my real name is not Anna) and it was one way that we taught out kids to be safe. No personal information was ever given out and we have always been fine. There are a few folks here the I have PMed and given out more information and that is a risk that you are taking. It really is a matter of deciding what kind of life you want to have. I just don't want to live a fearful life I also don't want to be so taken advantage of.