Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Checking myself in to Fabric Rehab >

Checking myself in to Fabric Rehab

Checking myself in to Fabric Rehab

Old 07-19-2011, 09:20 PM

Mary,

If you wouldn't mind you can send some my way. I work with a Shelter for Elderly Abused Women here in AZ. I teach quilting to them and they would put you quilts to good use. You are a brave person to admit that you have a problem LOL, but even braver to put it in print. Don't feel bad though because there are plenty of us. Please pm me and I will send you any info you would like.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 PM

Hi everyone,

This group is the kindest and best. You have overwhelmed me with generous offers to help bind quilts , offer advice and provide support. All I can say is thank you. I am sorry I have not replied to each of you yet. I have to work a demanding job so have had little time for mail. Plus I need some time to sort through all the great suggestions. I have a few ladies from my church coming on Saturday to pick up my charity quilts and I ordered a binding system. So, things are starting to fall into place.

My wonderful husband is looking into setting up a website so I can sell some quilts too. He also quilts and told me he would learn how to bind using the binding tool I purchased. Yeah!

I want to thank you for sharing your stories too. Seems like it's not that uncommon to have fabric addiction. That in itself makes me feel better. I guess if we didn't love quilting so much it would be another story, right?

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your kindness and support.

Hugs, Mary
Old 07-20-2011, 04:25 AM

Oh, Mary I am so glad things are going to work out for you. Keep your chin up and am really glad that DH is helping you out.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 AM

Bless you as you are going through this. I have fabric, but not really getting quilts done, only a few. There are places here that could use your quilts if you would like to pm me and see what I can do to help you.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 AM

Mary, it is great to hear that you are sorting through things literally and figuratively. What a DH who will jump in and help out. I think your bringing this up has prompted many of us to "look" at our fabrics. I know I did and it is an eye opener.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by karon21195
Hi Mary, - my favorite part of quilting is hand sewing the binding - weird, huh? I live in the San Fernando Valley but might be in Arizona next month on vacation. Maybe we can work something out together - Karon
OMG, you're brave enough to come to AZ in the summer for vacation?? We generally like to get the heck out of AZ in the summer. Hubby and I are heading to Newport Beach this weekend. Wish there were quilt stores in that area.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:59 AM

LMHO - sooooooooo true!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 AM

See if Rehab has a spot for me too!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Mary, if the number of replies are an indication, you've definitely hit a nerve! There's a fine line somewhere between hobby and hoarding, and believe me, I've been to both. You've taken great steps in regaining control and returning to sanity! Good luck and keep us posted on your journey :-)
Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Birds of a feather flock together ... fabricoholics Anonymous!