Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Met the quilt police >

Met the quilt police

Met the quilt police

Old 10-29-2010, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by ScrappyKathy
Originally Posted by clair
does'nt that just get you . I have a friend,she has a long arm business and when anyone brings her a quilt the first thing she does is look for the scant qt inch. I won't take her any more of my quilts to quilt cause it really ticks me . All i want to do is scream "hey who made you seam allowance queen " my I feel better -ha
Amen sistah!
And Amen sistah AGAIN!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 AM

I just remembered about my one aunt's who was a exstream neat freak. When it was her turn to host the holidays she would cover everything with plastic, the carpet, table cloth with plastic, chair cushions, plastic under the tables, the beds had plastic on them, couches and chairs. Us kids would have to eat in the basement and of course she had plastic on and under the tables. If we spilled anything in the basement all of us got one heck of a spanking for spilling on the plastic. I just hated going over there for any holiday.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
I just remembered about my one aunt's who was a exstream neat freak. When it was her turn to host the holidays she would cover everything with plastic, the carpet, table cloth with plastic, chair cushions, plastic under the tables, the beds had plastic on them, couches and chairs. Us kids would have to eat in the basement and of course she had plastic on and under the tables. If we spilled anything in the basement all of us got one heck of a spanking for spilling on the plastic. I just hated going over there for any holiday.
What was the sense in this aunt even having a "family dinner" if the children were not allowed to enjoy themselves?

My rule is IF I let you eat in the living room and you spill on the couch then it's MY fault. Why should the child take the blame for being allowed the opportunity to make the spill? Have an accident? I don't understand why some people are so uptight!

I always told my son, the dirtier you are when you come home from playing outside with your friends, then more fun it looks like you had! I always had a washer and dryer or clothes line, so why would I not allow my son the opportunity to have a good time?

TreeFrog
Old 10-29-2010, 06:44 AM

When I was young and newly married I began collecting my china pattern one piece at a time over the years. The china meant alot to me because it took me so long to save for it and because I bought the first small piece on our honeymoon. We used the china for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Many years later, the year I turned 50, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. One of the first things I did was to give away my everyday dishes and put my good china in my kitchen cabinets. We have used the "good" china everyday since, and I no longer worry about hand-washing it. I figure we might as well enjoy it! Many guests have said to me, "But what if the gold rim gets washed off by putting the china in the dishwasher?" I laugh and tell them I can't take the china, with or without the gold rim, with me! Moral of the story: enjoy your quilts, special dishes, silver, etc. now while you can....besides, your DIL may not like it!!!! PS...get your mammograms, ladies...it saved my life!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:31 AM

How sad is that!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 AM

That is some inspiration I like to hear!

I'm glad you're well!

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
When I was young and newly married I began collecting my china pattern one piece at a time over the years. The china meant alot to me because it took me so long to save for it and because I bought the first small piece on our honeymoon. We used the china for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Many years later, the year I turned 50, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. One of the first things I did was to give away my everyday dishes and put my good china in my kitchen cabinets. We have used the "good" china everyday since, and I no longer worry about hand-washing it. I figure we might as well enjoy it! Many guests have said to me, "But what if the gold rim gets washed off by putting the china in the dishwasher?" I laugh and tell them I can't take the china, with or without the gold rim, with me! Moral of the story: enjoy your quilts, special dishes, silver, etc. now while you can....besides, your DIL may not like it!!!! PS...get your mammograms, ladies...it saved my life!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
What was the sense in this aunt even having a "family dinner" if the children were not allowed to enjoy themselves?

My rule is IF I let you eat in the living room and you spill on the couch then it's MY fault. Why should the child take the blame for being allowed the opportunity to make the spill? Have an accident? I don't understand why some people are so uptight!

I always told my son, the dirtier you are when you come home from playing outside with your friends, then more fun it looks like you had! I always had a washer and dryer or clothes line, so why would I not allow my son the opportunity to have a good time?

TreeFrog
My Aunt was one of those people who had to have everything perfect. She wouldn't allow kids at the main table because of the adult convesations that took place and us kids making to much noise. I haven't seen her since my Mom and Dad past away and she makes no effort to be in contact and she lives only a half hour away from me and I have tried many times to call her and try to visit but she is always to busy. I am just glad that I have my kids and Grand kids.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:21 AM

Hum...................
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 AM

Yeah ummm, that would be the first and last time, any children of mine went there. Not to mention, that would be the first and last time she ever laid a hand on one of my kids, and it may be the first and last time she ever was able to use that hand with any effect.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 AM

moonwolf i Agree with you.