Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Old 01-12-2011, 05:15 AM

[quote=Conniequilts]Plan on becoming addicted to PP. I honestly didn't think I would like it but now I search out patterns for PP. That is what I choose for this swap too. Bonni helped me make the final decision :)

Ooh PP how fun. I am going to work on the House BOM today and will be my first attempt at PP. Have an awesome day everyone. Lotsa of snow here today so I will stay inside and sew :)
Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by Conniequilts
I am down to three options :)
Do the middle one....do the middle one. :)
Okie dokie - the middle one it is :)
Great! I have seen that block and think it will be great! I haven't done it yet myself but the results look really nice and a little different.
So what does the middle one look like..hmm Curiosity... hehehe
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
I am down to three options :)
Do the middle one....do the middle one. :)
Okie dokie - the middle one it is :)
Great! I have seen that block and think it will be great! I haven't done it yet myself but the results look really nice and a little different.
So what does the middle one look like..hmm Curiosity... hehehe
Well it is kinda squarish and is paper pieced and different. That help?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 AM

This is why I still am a beginner! Of course it could be partly because I do not have a "hard" surface to cut things on. It could be because I have a depth perception problem. It could be that I just am not that good. Chances are a little of all but I still won't give up. I was thinking of purchasing one of those machines that will help cut your fabric for you (grins). Of course in applique I don't have as much problems. No wait...In applique I have different problems. LOL.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158764.jpe  
Old 01-12-2011, 10:28 AM

This is why I still am a beginner! Of course it could be partly because I do not have a "hard" surface to cut things on. It could be because I have a depth perception problem. It could be that I just am not that good. Chances are a little of all but I still won't give up. I was thinking of purchasing one of those machines that will help cut your fabric for you (grins). Of course in applique I don't have as much problems. No wait...In applique I have different problems. LOL.
LOL Bonni that is so funny... Well clearing snow from the driveway took two hours out of my sewing time..so of to sew I go.. :P
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM

LOL Bonni that is so funny... Well clearing snow from the driveway took two hours out of my sewing time..so of to sew I go.. :P
What can be sewn and be unsewn. Tonight I will rip it apart (ok, carefully unstitch it) and look at a couple of the block. I am guessing my mistake might be in that center 9 patch.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Hi All, Just reporting in. I have been chatting with my partner PghPat, a snowbid in Florida. We both know what we are making. I got snowed in today so I got a lot of my piece for Pat done. Now for the embroidery! Dotty
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Hi All, Just reporting in. I have been chatting with my partner PghPat, a snowbid in Florida. We both know what we are making. I got snowed in today so I got a lot of my piece for Pat done. Now for the embroidery! Dotty
That's what I need! A snow day! Actually I hope to meet somebody from the boards later this month for a meet and greet so that is ALMOST like a snow day (especially when I get to take the next day off work also).
Old 01-12-2011, 02:37 PM

What can be sewn and be unsewn. Tonight I will rip it apart (ok, carefully unstitch it) and look at a couple of the block. I am guessing my mistake might be in that center 9 patch.
I did so much unstitching and restitching today trying to do the PP house for Jan Bom... I will be glad to return to working on the table runner for Connie tomorrow... :) I have to admit there was a few times I wanted to rip instead of unstitch when I got a bit frustrated ... but I took a deep breath and remembered Im learning... and forgave the fabric and machine stitches for not magically coming together perfectly for me.. LOL.. Happy thoughts and back to sewing I go.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 PM

I did so much unstitching and restitching today trying to do the PP house for Jan Bom... I will be glad to return to working on the table runner for Connie tomorrow... :) I have to admit there was a few times I wanted to rip instead of unstitch when I got a bit frustrated ... but I took a deep breath and remembered Im learning... and forgave the fabric and machine stitches for not magically coming together perfectly for me.. LOL.. Happy thoughts and back to sewing I go.
The block isn't perfect but it will do. I was afraid to try and match up the sides before cutting because of the lopsided table leg syndrome. So the 9 patch in the middle isn't EXACTLY the same size in each of those 9 patches. The seams match up a lot better now though so *I* can live with it. Yes, you heard me right.

Hello, my name is Bonni and I will NEVER be a perfect quilter.

LOL.

On to block number two tonight and tomorrow.

With an extra sewing day on Monday, I might even get the main blocks done over the weekend.