Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Darling? Husband >

My Darling? Husband

My Darling? Husband

Old 01-20-2011, 08:54 AM
nab

hulahoop1, I love your response. Isn't nice to be someone like your h? The respect is there; the unconditional love is there. You do not have to explain to each other why you wanted 3 table saws in the garage or why you bought that piece of fabric. As long as the money is there does it really matter? Thanks for your response.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 AM

My husband has spoiled many a hobby for me with that kind of attitude. He's not a bad guy though, and I think he's trying to change. He's held his tongue where quilting is concerned, but it has taken me a long time to stop anticipating the next dig. I can be difficult too, and so I try to be forgiving. Still, I wonder what causes a basically decent person to be so insensitive.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 AM

I am also very Blessed to have a husband who supports my quilting 100% I also support his love of hunting :)
Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 AM

:lol: Love your thought on the book!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 AM

See if you can develop an interest that both you and your husband share.
Maybe you can do this together 3 days/week and the rest of the time you can quilt. I would hate to see the marriage fail just because he is jealous of your quilting, but you can imagine that if he were in the garage all the time building or fixing cars and if on the weekends he was off with his buddies looking for parts, you might be less than supportive of his hobby.
Also, since it is terrible for his health to just watch TV on the sofa, and since
quilting is also sedentary, maybe your time together could be more active -
bicycling in 3 seasons,& cross-country skiing in winter....
My husband loves genealogy and spends his time on the computer searching
for family tree development so I can quilt without ignoring him. But we are
careful to spend large blocks of time together - usually walking in beautiful spots that I find on the web. However, we are both retired - you look MUCH
younger so I don't know if this would work for you...
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 AM

I am fortunate, my husband does support me, even to a point
that he went to some quilt shops with me on our vacation. But he also knows that it is my sanity, even our doctor told him
that I needed it and he also needed to be able to do something
of a hobby for his stress. I did try and get him involved with
the math of it sometimes, then he jumps right in to the challenge. Some how, you can get him involved. I even had
him help me turning the coasters right side out, as we watched
tv.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 AM

My husband who is a serious sports junky (baseball, football)….years ago…..in February when his favorite sports were not on TV, asked me to give up quilting as it took time away from “our marriage”. He wanted to spend more time with me (and yes, he sits in front of the TV a lot!!) and if I wasn’t actually machine stitching in my quilt studio, I was hand sewing or reading about it or shopping for fabric and he wanted it to stop. So I told him….”of course honey, if it’s for our marriage, of course I would give up my passion…..I would stop quilting, sewing and reading about it….you only have to do one thing for me…for the sake of our marriage……give up baseball…watching it on TV, playing in the summer, reading about it on the sports page and attending games in person!”……He looked at me with a gaping mouth, closed it, turned around and left the room and it’s the last time he has mentioned my quilting as a deterrent to our marriage....and he has gotten more tolerant...
Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

Originally Posted by AnnieF
My husband who is a serious sports junky (baseball, football)….years ago…..in February when his favorite sports were not on TV, asked me to give up quilting as it took time away from “our marriage”. He wanted to spend more time with me (and yes, he sits in front of the TV a lot!!) and if I wasn’t actually machine stitching in my quilt studio, I was hand sewing or reading about it or shopping for fabric and he wanted it to stop. So I told him….”of course honey, if it’s for our marriage, of course I would give up my passion…..I would stop quilting, sewing and reading about it….you only have to do one thing for me…for the sake of our marriage……give up baseball…watching it on TV, playing in the summer, reading about it on the sports page and attending games in person!”……He looked at me with a gaping mouth, closed it, turned around and left the room and it’s the last time he has mentioned my quilting as a deterrent to our marriage....and he has gotten more tolerant...
This is AWSUME!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM

Mine says all you do is sew and I say all you do is watch TV
Old 01-20-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic
Originally Posted by AnnieF
This is AWSUME!!!!
Love it!!! Great comeback!!!