Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

• Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I want to thank everyone here that has shared kind and encouraging words with me. It means so much to me. This place has become a soft place for me to land. I am ever so grateful to have found this board.

Today I just feel so utterly lost and broken. My therapist and my case worker came this morning to talk to me and try and help me. It was nice to have them here when I needed the support the most. My therapist said she would come here in the morning to see me again and they want me to call the Emergency Line anytime day or night if I need to talk or cry or if I feel like cutting again. I do not know where I would get such care any place else.

I will write in before I leave in the morning for my business trip. I wanted to cancel the trip but my therapist said that it would be very good for me to go and get distracted from all this. SO I will go.

I am taking my laptop with me so I will be able to write in to you guys while I am gone.

Missy
    Thank you so much for checking in with us today. I was so worried about you. I realize when I am having a hard time I should let you all know I am OK. Missy take care of you first and formost. Mike is in the past you can not go back and nothing could be changed. You have to move on, even if the moving might be slow at first. Mike didn't make you who you are, so you are not Missy because of him. Honestly I thought about this when we would PM and stuff I think you were setteling. Consentrate on you, surgery or no surgery you WILL lose weight and with doing that you will have more confidence in you. The doc will have a gmae plan with meds it might take a little time to get the dose correct but you are strong you will hang in there until they get it right. We love you Missy and just remember that. The voices in your head will go away but we will be here for you forever or until I lose 40 more pounds and I stop the thread.......ONLY kidding you know we will always be there for you {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by candlequilter

Tru, you must be the strongest woman and mother in the world. I just read all about your daughter's injury and everything that you two have had to go thru due to no fault of your own. My heart goes out to both of you and I wish there was something I could do to help you out. I am totally amazed at how much support, kindness and love there is here from board members that haven't met in person but care so much about others here. Just like you are doing right now for Missy. Since I started doing the weight loss in August I always read what is going on here. I don't hardly post anything here but I do look forward to reading how everyone is doing in all aspects. You have a beautiful daughter and she has an awesome mom.

Hugs,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Thank you!!!

Joyce gets a little break with her surgeries so far she has had 5 and since she didn't heal they will wait until the end of Dec or beginning fo Jan for # 6 then we don't know how many more after that. I have a PDA and I try to update her condition weekly. I actually should do that. Joyce was going bald from all the trauma from the injury and surgeries but I think the thing that caused most of the hair to fall out was all the ballon skin expanders that were in her head for so many weeks. Now in spots she has peach fuzz, other spots we know it won't grow back. I mourn the daughter I had as I lost her June 14 2009, Joyce will never be the same.
    Oh my, you must be very strong. I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. I will pray for her and you, Tru. I don't know if I would have the strength but somehow God does provide us with courage and strength whenever we need it and if we ask for it. God bless
    Thank you for your prayers. I really don't have a choice but to be strong what is my alternative? There isn't one.
    Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I want to thank everyone here that has shared kind and encouraging words with me. It means so much to me. This place has become a soft place for me to land. I am ever so grateful to have found this board.

Today I just feel so utterly lost and broken. My therapist and my case worker came this morning to talk to me and try and help me. It was nice to have them here when I needed the support the most. My therapist said she would come here in the morning to see me again and they want me to call the Emergency Line anytime day or night if I need to talk or cry or if I feel like cutting again. I do not know where I would get such care any place else.

I will write in before I leave in the morning for my business trip. I wanted to cancel the trip but my therapist said that it would be very good for me to go and get distracted from all this. SO I will go.

I am taking my laptop with me so I will be able to write in to you guys while I am gone.

Missy
    Thank you so much for checking in with us today. I was so worried about you. I realize when I am having a hard time I should let you all know I am OK. Missy take care of you first and formost. Mike is in the past you can not go back and nothing could be changed. You have to move on, even if the moving might be slow at first. Mike didn't make you who you are, so you are not Missy because of him. Honestly I thought about this when we would PM and stuff I think you were setteling. Consentrate on you, surgery or no surgery you WILL lose weight and with doing that you will have more confidence in you. The doc will have a gmae plan with meds it might take a little time to get the dose correct but you are strong you will hang in there until they get it right. We love you Missy and just remember that. The voices in your head will go away but we will be here for you forever or until I lose 40 more pounds and I stop the thread.......ONLY kidding you know we will always be there for you {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Thank you Tru. I am doing what I can. I will keep checking in so you all will know how I am doing.

Missy
    Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 AM

Would you kindly add me to your list for November?
    Old 11-03-2010, 11:54 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Would you kindly add me to your list for November?
    Why yes madam we will certainly do that.

Hay someone anyone do we have a list for this month?????? There is none on the thread and we all know I NEVER write it on the thread.

As you can see we are very informal here. Actually we call it a wieght loss thread but it is really a place for a group of us to come and hang out if we lose weight that is and added bonus. :lol: :lol:
    Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
    Banned

Now lets get down to business
    Breakfast
    Oatmeal made with apple juice
    now I didn't have lunch, I was looking for Christmas fabric to make mug rugs, I thought I had some I know I have some but where oh where could it be??? Your guess is as good as mine sooooooooo it is now almost 4pm and I had whole wheat pasta with............ I chopped an onion, green pepper, and 2 tomatoes (they were getting squishie I had to use them) and fresh asparagus. I cranked up the heat under the pan with olive oil and tossed in all in, They got chared YUMMOOOOOO. I added galic, slt and pepper. I want to put in fresh basli and parsley however they are growin on the windowsil in Joyce's room and I ould have had to climb over crap to get to it. I top it with grated romano cheese. Now since it was to late for lunch and too early for dinner unless I lived in Fl and went for the early bird special I would like to know what was my meal called??????? Was it splunch = supper and lunch
    linner = lunch and dinner
    I wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Linner!!
    Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM

Well if brunch can be breakfast and lunch why can't sprunch be lunch and dinner?? I like linner, though. You guys are too funny. lol
    Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
    Banned

LINNER it is............. so from now on if you skip lunch and having a big meal and are telling us you have to write linner so we know what the heck you are talking about. We have our own secret language how cool is that????????

Missy I think I need your meds!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM

LINNER it is............. so from now on if you skip lunch and having a big meal and are telling us you have to write linner so we know what the heck you are talking about. We have our own secret language how cool is that????????

Missy I think I need your meds!!!!!!!!!!
    Which ones would you like? The pharmacy will be open soon. I highly recommend the cloziril. It is my daily special. Soon I will be taking enough to knock a horse out. Oh happy happy joy joy.

Sorry about the icky attitude. I am currently working on that.

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-118735.jpe