Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 AM

One more thing,{like Columbo say's}We all have different amounts of weight to lose.Some 10 pounds,some 35,some over 50,some over 100,{like me},and some over 350 pounds to lose.I have always been one who sometimes could lose the weight,but always gained it back.Yo-yo diet.So that's why this last time I knew I had to do things differently because I wanted it to stay off this time.When I began my journey 4 yrs ago now,it was daunting to say the least of looking at 250 pounds and knowing I had over 100 pounds to lose on my own.So I broke it up in just 5 pound chunks.And said,if I could just get 5 pounds off,AND KEEP IT OFF,I'd be happy.And I was.Then I worked on the next 5 pounds.And so on.Even at 3 pounds a month sometimes.The weight did begin to come off.I asked last month if we had the patients to go 4 yrs?6 yrs?2 yrs?1 yr?1 month? Cause that is what it's going to take.There is no magic pill.Even surgeries just just make it to where you eat less.And they have to work harder than we do because now they have to really watch what and how much they eat or drink,or they get sick,but for them,it's their only hope of living.Or they'll die.My step daughter died from obesity.Cause they would not pay for her surgery.She was a case where it would of saved her life.I and others here work very hard to get it off.I am always asked the question,How did you do it? What did you do? Like it was easy and just fell off.Or I woke up and it was magically gone.No,many of us have many challenges.Like mj for one.She has a lot of medical issues that always crop up from time to time,but she too works very hard and has to find other creative ways of doing it.Cause she can't eat a lot of stuff cause it retains water on her,and gets her counts out of balance,etc.She has a heart problem,diabetic,and so forth.But yet,still has lost 41 pounds in spite of it.And so if she can do it,again,you can too.Sometimes we have to be creative.Like instead of eating potato chips in front of the tv,eat snap peas.Their low calorie,and are crisp & sweet tasting.Nancia had a great idea of dipping your fork in the salad dressing,then your salad.And I'm sure you have tips to share too that will help.We are a diverse group and full of knowledge between us all.We need each other's impoots and will encourage all who need it.As we go on in the month,there will be great lists being posted of how to lose weight healthy,and why we aren't losing weight like we should.Missy has those charts from her dr and therapist.They are good ones too that we get to have for free.So,when she gets back,maybe she will re-post them for us again.Anyway,as mj says,a journey of 1000 miles begins with 1 step.1 pound at a time.1 drop of water did fill the ocean too you know.So,don't get in a hurry,just go down the scale.You can do it.We all can.No,it's not easy to lose the weight,but it is easy if you stick to the plan and can see results on the scale.That has encouraged me more than any thing else.And biggest thing,if you slip,{we all do}get up and KEEP GOING,KEEP GOING,KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 AM

Way to go Joyce, It's great to break those barriers and even greater to pay off a bill.Janet

Originally Posted by Joyce99
Wow, if I count right, there are already 99 people signed up! Wish I could meet you all.

I wouldn't mind winning the fabric but I already feel like a winner. I'm here on this site, for one thing. Secondly, I finally broke a barrier and lost 2 pounds before starting this. Lastly, I paid off Visa today. Woohoo. This month is starting out very well. I wish you all the best.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 AM

I am so happy to see everyone! We are on a great journey together and Today is the first step.

It takes 3 weeks of a continuous activity to develop a new habit and break the old one.

Thanks to this group I lost the "soda" habit. I used to drink 2 Coke Zeros a day. I know to some of you, that was not a lot. It was enough though to keep me from drinking any water. I would sip those two cokes all through the day and I stayed dehydrated. Then when I got sick from my meds, I would end up in the hospital for the day. I dropped the soda habit and picked up water, now I drink at least 60 ounces of water a day.
My dh even asks me every time we get in the car, do you have your water? LOL! definitely a new habit now.

Journal for today: This is a new beginning...what is my DREAM? I don't want you to write your goals (today), I want you to write a Dream, any dream, just something that is your heart's desire.

Motivation: Try drinking ONLY water today. You can have one cup of coffee to jump start your heart, or whatever your habitual beverage is, but only ONE serving for the day. Can you do it?

Hugs,
MJ
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 AM

The July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris with a loss of 9 pounds! Congratulations Chris, great job!

PM Chris for her snail mail address, please.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 AM
elm

Good morning. Just weighed myself and I'm down a half pound. Pleased with that. Any day that stays the same or goes down is good.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by elm
Good morning. Just weighed myself and I'm down a half pound. Pleased with that. Any day that stays the same or goes down is good.
That is a great way to start the day. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:55 AM

That's For the encouragement. Congrats on your weight loss. Great job.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 AM

count me in barb
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 AM

a small bag of chips last night,put over, on the food diary .. :-(

and i didn't get to work out..took a neighbor to his cancer treatment..4 hours at the hospital.
it is mens day today at fitness usa..so i will have to do SOMETHING today at home..moving my butt!

anyone here a vegetarian?
my girlfriend started with us..not on here though. and she said it is hard to loose weight because she over does the carbs. her doc said she has to loose 10 pounds (that will take 150 lbs of pressure off her hip) ..or she will end up with a hip replacement!
she is going to need more help than i can give her. she did join the "my fitness pal",yesterday.

look for her, to give her support,ideas if you are on that program. her board name is "Pelirroja2" thanks!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 AM

i forgot to ask..when is everyone weighing in?

once a week,and special day? i started monday.