Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:40 PM

If your PCP is anywhere near knowledgeable , he will touch the 18 tender points and if 11 of them are Very hurtful, it's probable. There are no blood tests to diagnose it, only the tender points and your history of pain. Please Google Fibromyalgia. There is a ton of information there, and it will help you to understand this syndrome a little better. There is no one remedy, because everyone's symptoms are so different at any given time. It isn't a "linear" disease; meaning, today you have a bowel problem, so what follows is tender lymph nodes. Instead, today lymph nodes, tomorrow brain fog, and no two people will have the same symptoms at the same time in the progression of this illness. There are quite a few pages on this thread, but if you read back, you'll be able to see the symptoms that are common to fibro. Best regards
YTQ
Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 PM

There are 18 pressure points on your body that when a little pressure is applied they hurt terribly. If you have 11, at least, out of 18 sore the diagnosis is possibly fibro. You can look up on Web MD to get a good explanation.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:59 AM
dsj

Cheryl, I went through 2 1/2 years of every Doctor you can imagine to rule out all different things and given so many different medications that it was absolutely nuts. It was exhausting and very stressful. I had to see a Rheumatologist to get this diagnosis that was the end of the physicians for me. I took the rest in my own hands and did a complete lifestyle change through diet and exercise. With those changes I feel 80% better. I still have the muscular pain and all the other stuff that goes with this problem but I have come to terms with this way of life for me. now I can move on and I will not let it defeat me. Even though I'm kind of petite I am still bigger and badder than this disease/syndrome whatever you want to call it. At least I lie to myself about it.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 PM

You go DSJ...If it works for you ...hooray!!!I know attitude is a big part of the fight. Sounds like you are on top of things!! :thumbup:

Ditter
Old 03-04-2010, 09:26 PM

I just can't seem to knock it this time. I am wondering if something else isn't lurking in the wings. The usual aches and pains from fibro but i've noticed the pollen is bad and it has been really windy. I don't go out much when it's cold, but my dh is in and out all day, bringing the pollen in with him. So that is probably another thing going on . The last is a bowel problem i've had for months now. I even had a colonoscopy and no problems were found.
You know how it is when you feel so crappy(no pun intended) you don't even like your own company. :cry: One of my daughters is convinced I have a problem with yeast overgrowth in my system. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. I am still sewing almost every day. I would just like to enjoy it more....

Ditter
Old 03-04-2010, 10:09 PM

I am feeling the same way, Ditter. I just can't seem to shake it. I see the dr on Monday, but he really isn't a fibro dr; I think I have a sinus infection. And it could be a yeast sinus infection. Almost all fibromites have yeast overgrowth. I hope you feel better soon. Do you do better in summer?
DianaYTQ
I guess you have summer nearly year around. We have distinct seasons here. :?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Power Poster

Someone here a few pages ago mentioned Fibro Duck and i just wanted to say that I have ordered one. The Duck is free, you just pay the postage. The idea is that you take pics of the duck in as many places as possible in the world, then post them to the site, to help promote awareness of Fibro. So far, there is only one pic of a duck in Ireland, so I'll be adding to them as soon as it arrives.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:49 AM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

Yourstrulyquilts what are you doing for your yeast overgrowth? I too have Candida albicans. It has consumed my body. I avoid sugar, don't eat too much fruit (natural sugar) eat lots of veggies, stay away from dairy products, eat chicken turkey and fish and almonds. Don't drink soda-pop, coffee etc. Lot's of water. I am trying to get my acidic state to normal and we've been drinking the Kangen Water which is high in alkaline. The Kangen Water is called a disease fighter for life. I am willing to try anything healthy to help stop the pain. I seriously belief that most people have Candida and don't even realize it. Toe nail fungus? Sinus infections? Female yeast infections? The list goes on.......

The problem with seeing a medical doctor is that they don't have a clue what we are talking about. They are not trained. Although today there are some 'open minded' physicians that are more aware and are trying to help. YEAH!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:18 AM
dsj

Ditter, I have suffered with gastro issues my entire life. I finally found a physician that helped me discover some of the problem. My entire life I have had sinus issues, upper respiratory issues, issues after issues. I have been treated with antibiotics my whole life. This Dr. put me on 60 days of Nystatin, which is a antifungal to kill the bad bacteria in my GI tract and put me on 26 billion + of probiotics. Within in one day, My pain in my stomach and the bloating was gone. I have suffered for years with stomach and IBS symptoms terrible. I couldn't believe it. The antibiotics kill the good bacteria that your gut needs, you have to get the good bacteria back into your system to make it work correctly. My belly is flat as a pancake now. I workout and run constantly and kept thinking why am I still bloated looking, and viola!! I have a bit of a 6 pack hidden under that bloat after all. It was exciting to see that. I am feeling better. Sort of dreading the spring allergies coming in, I am a mess with the pollen too. My poor eyeballs even swell and look congealed.
I am so afraid to take any more antibiotics. I don't want that pain ever again. The Nystatin will help with yeast issues but you should lay off of the yeast products as well. The yeast cleanses are hard to do. It is amazing what has yeast in it. Good luck to you. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:24 AM

dsj, have you tried the nettie pot for your sinus'? my husband swears by it..