Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 02-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Oh ladies, thank you! Yesterday was the best!! First I slept in, then I fixed a bulletin board at my church, then I went shopping for warm weather clothes so I don't freeze in North Dakota next week! After shopping I went to show my purchases to my daughter and my little Granddaughter was making me cake balls in her easy bake oven! They were delicious! Next stop was a mani/pedi, which was greatly needed as I had had zero time since my last GBaby came December 20! Then I ran home and changed into warm clothes and meet up with the Youth Group from church. We had a Bon fire/hot dog-marshmallow roast. The kids sang me happy birthday! Now it's about 8:30pm. Hubby says he's on his way home (he started taking auto mechanics at the community college in Fort Worth) well! He came home with a stake dinner and prizes! I got a red wagon to use for taking my grand babies on walks. I'm so excited!!! It was a great day!

I received one more card from Rosemary Attaway. Add that to: NoraB, Djmat, sewbizgirl, Karen G, Jaba, Kele, bjsmith57, J_cody, n10sgrrl, lv2sew2011,WMUTeach, Daisy Dew, and Janice McC, Patrick's Mom, trsvelinggramma, trishb, barbarakibler23, Moonrise, maT, anoka quilter, and PeginCo.

I think I'm missing just 9. They have until Monday to arrive before I leave for my daughters.

This really is a fun swap! My son in law was very impressed with all my cards.

Last edited by SheriR; 02-04-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:27 PM

Actually I just opened all my cards. My grand daughters helped. They thought it was so fun to see the pretty cards and put my candy in a bag. Sooooooo fun!!! And... I found candy from Michellesews!!! Thank you!

I hope all y'all have as great a day as I have!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

Your birthday sounds like it was wonderful, Sheri! How sweet of your hubby to get you a little red wagon for walks with the kids. I remember pulling mine through the neighborhood for walks... good exercise and the kidlets love it.

Glad you enjoyed your candies. I think there were only 30 of us in this swap tho, so maybe you have about 6 more coming? Hope they make it before Monday!

How is your daughter who did this swap with us a couple of years ago?
Old 02-04-2016, 08:32 PM

thanks SheriR told me how to do it!

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Barb, Your QUEEN BEE signature is fun.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Your birthday sounds like it was wonderful, Sheri! How sweet of your hubby to get you a little red wagon for walks with the kids. I remember pulling mine through the neighborhood for walks... good exercise and the kidlets love it.

Glad you enjoyed your candies. I think there were only 30 of us in this swap tho, so maybe you have about 6 more coming? Hope they make it before Monday!

How is your daughter who did this swap with us a couple of years ago?
Yes six to go. I had been using the original list and noticed today there was one listed who didn't actually swap. My bad!

My daughter that swapped with me is actually who I'm going to see next week. She's expecting baby number four! We're all so excited. I'll have a little name sake. <3 I'll be sure to share a picture.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:13 AM

[h=1]New Quilting board friend....what a great day![/h]Here's the link to a pic of two QB members (Cowgirlquilter & myself) on a Saturday shop hop followed by a trip to the cupcake shop!
hugs,
dj (silver hair)
Old 02-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
My daughter that swapped with me is actually who I'm going to see next week. She's expecting baby number four! We're all so excited. I'll have a little name sake. <3 I'll be sure to share a picture.
I remember she did yoga, so having this baby will probably be a breeze for her! Can't wait to see a pic. Did you mean they are naming her Barbara? Enjoy your trip.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I remember she did yoga, so having this baby will probably be a breeze for her! Can't wait to see a pic. Did you mean they are naming her Barbara? Enjoy your trip.
Great memory! We both did/do Bikram Hot Yoga. I'll miss is for six weeks I'm with my daughter. They're naming the new princess Ryah Sheri. <3 I'll be there Tuesday, she's being induced Wednesday.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Great memory! We both did/do Bikram Hot Yoga. I'll miss is for six weeks I'm with my daughter. They're naming the new princess Ryah Sheri. <3 I'll be there Tuesday, she's being induced Wednesday.
I meant Sheri, not Barbara! That's a pretty name.

LOL, I am a yoga teacher in my 'non quilting' life at the gym! I LOVE yoga. Makes you feel so wonderful. Love sharing it with people.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Yoga keeps stress at bay and helps my day be more focused. It brings new meaning to the word "relax". Lived it for the last 25 years.
hugs,
dj