Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

• On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 01-07-2018, 11:35 AM

Pagzz I understand my light green when I first started was a pretty peridot color now it's a stick in my eye. I wish I had chosen the darker green and since I'm doing one fabric of each color I can't escape.
    Old 01-07-2018, 11:40 AM

pagzz, that is a "no" on that green. But i don't want to hurt your feelings. Jane
    Old 01-07-2018, 11:43 AM

Peggy, a lighter green would probably work well. I agree about being tired of sewing so much of one color.

I'm going to be really slowing down on this quilt. It's stressing me too much with all the thousands of pieces. I can't keep up and enjoy my family at the same time. I'm going to step away from it for a bit and work on some applique instead. I'll still watch everyone's progress and creativity, so keep it coming!
    Old 01-07-2018, 11:46 AM

Pagzz, I agree w/ you the lavender sashing would be too much lavender for me (but not a huge fan of lavender), but I also am not a fan of that green w/ your other colors. When you find a good color are you intending to do a solid sashing or are you going to make more chevrons for the Bonnie pieced sashing, or some other plan?
    Old 01-07-2018, 12:05 PM

Paggz- another possibility would be a lighter brown. One that is lighter than your dark brown, but darker than the blue?

Sew biz- love that border!!!

DHM- those are pretty geese

jmoore- congratulations on the new grand baby!

I have decided to just put my blocks together and be done with that part, then I will decide whether or not to do the sashing. Today I got 4 more blocks made, so now I have 13 of the 50. I'm working on it a little at a time in between other projects so it's likely to be a good long while before I have to decide about the sashing.

Rob
    Old 01-07-2018, 12:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    A small sample of my 400 geese ... Polar Bears, Polka Dots, Plaids, Palm Tree's, and Pom Pom's. [ATTACH=CONFIG]586727[/ATTACH]
    You've got a lot of fun going on there. That's the way I like my neutrals, too, but in this quilt mine are tamer because I had a ton of plain, boring WOW pieces already cut that I wanted to finally use up. I had a lot of neutrals that would have been more fun, but I was trying to be *thrifty*!
    Old 01-07-2018, 12:12 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter

I'm going to be really slowing down on this quilt. It's stressing me too much with all the thousands of pieces. I can't keep up and enjoy my family at the same time. I'm going to step away from it for a bit and work on some applique instead. I'll still watch everyone's progress and creativity, so keep it coming!
    Do you think you could at least get your blocks together before you put it away? I'm afraid if you put it away in a million pieces it will remain overwhelming and you won't want to get it back out. Speaking from experience here... but maybe you aren't like me!
    Old 01-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Pagzz, I like green with any color. Lots of flowers have green leaves-- so it a natural color to put with other colors. Lots of people use lavender/purple with green. Battle Axe recently showed pictures of her lavender/purple and green quilt top in the Rest & Refreshing thread. You've pictured three cool colors: blue, purple, and green, and the brown and off white warms up your cool color palette.
    Old 01-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Pagzz, I think the lavender sashing looks beautiful, but had you considered gray? I've made some neutral sashing, not because I don't like the coral, but because I want to see if it will let me see the alternate block better. I can't seem to see the alternate block with the coral sashing.

NZquilter, it's amazing you've been able to keep up as you have with young children! I do hope you'll be able to get back to it before too long.

Sue, your geese are wonderful.
    Old 01-07-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz
    opinions please.

I am thinking of substituting green in the sashing to tone down all the lavendar. in pics sashing is not sewn.[ATTACH=CONFIG]586723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586724[/ATTACH]

Personally I really like the light purple sashing - especially with the blues.

Sewbizgirl - your border looks great!