Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

• Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 AM

How sweet, Libster. You are welcome. And we’ve been very lucky to have such a fine group of swappers in the Booms.
    Originally Posted by Libster
    Janice, this is a huge "Thank You" for all the time that you've put into the gallery of Boom Quilts. I knew that I was making progress on using my Boom blocks, but being able to see all the finished quilts in the gallery makes me realize just how many I have finished! At this moment, I'm rather proud of me for completing so many of my Boom blocks as a finished usable quilt. I can look at each one of mine and remember the huge smiles as I gifted them to one of my loved ones. Right now, I'm working on a set of Boom 17 blocks that I had misplaced and just found again. (The perils of growing old, Ladies!) To me, the gallery is an incentive to dig out and use every single one of my beautiful Boom blocks and use them to make someone smile (including me, finally).
    I love my Boom Family, beginning with our Hostess and every one of my Sisters. Long may our Booms reign!
    Old 05-11-2018, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    I’d trade Atlanta’s traffic for just about any city’s traffic except LA’s. I drove that stretch of I70 once while there was construction and it was a nightmare. KC traffic is a piece of cake compared to Atlanta. My boys live near KC and I’ve driven all around there.

I have to agree, Janice. I hate driving in Atlanta! The construction is a nightmare and you better know exactly which lane you should be in because nobody will let you merge into another one. I went through when I 85 was under construction- Drive 90 mph, slam on brakes for the explosions, wait for the dust to clear enough to see and go again! All this while HP motioned us to go faster than 75mph because we were holding up traffic! I ask God to keep us alive until we got out of there and I have not been back to Atlanta since. I guess my age is showing, but I try to avoid the interstates now. I'm a country girl, I like it slower and safe!
    Old 05-11-2018, 06:35 AM

Thanks for all the info on what highways to avoid. Janice the Atlanta airport is hard enough to navigate if your highways are comparable I will stay away from Atlanta like I avoid Chicago. If people would just let you in their lane life would be so much easier

This morning we are on a scenic highway since we only have a few more hours to drive. Very pretty time of here, trees are blooming and everything is nice and green
    Old 05-11-2018, 07:28 AM

SBG, thanks for the input. I like the colors, but was thinking it might not be good.
    Old 05-11-2018, 09:31 AM

Libster - I agree with how wonderful a host we have and how the boom gals have become a family.
    The past two days have been hot and I sat down and spread out all my "papers" - that is all the copies of block patterns and quilty patterns. On each boom I had a tendency of making an excel sheet with names and fabric and requests and even sometimes with the patterns. It was so fun looking back at the boom swap names and fabric. Also had stacks of printed patterns that worked - or didn't! Memory lane is a good thing! I have enjoyed meeting up and talking about just about everything. "Thanks for being my neighbor"
    Old 05-11-2018, 09:48 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio
    SBG, thanks for the input. I like the colors, but was thinking it might not be good.
    The colors are really nice... but with the shapes all being so similar too, I don't think you would get enough variety in the blocks. You might be disappointed after all that $$ and work. Just my opinion, tho!
    Old 05-11-2018, 11:26 AM

I am late to the answer Givio, but I also think the print is to similar. There is enough color it's just the print shape, I think your hexies or octos would look very similar to each other and very similar to the fabric. Do you know about the design helper???? You can get an idea of how your fabric will make into hexies using it. Be sure you change the width of fabric to the width you took a picture of.
    http://oneblockwonder.com/design-helper/
    Old 05-11-2018, 11:33 AM

I just put it in the design helper and think if you are going to make it where the hexies stand apart from each other (separated w/ star surrounds or sashing or similar) it would look great, but if you were planning on placing the hexies enmass into one uninterrupted square it would look very similar to the original fabric from viewing distance.
    Old 05-11-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    That’s a very beautiful fabric Giv, but I don’t think I would choose it for a S&W. It has a limited color palette and the shapes of the flowers are kind of the same all over.

There’s a mirror corner gadget you could get, and then you could see what the blocks would look like.
    Givo, agreed, your fabric is beautiful, partial to the colors of course and flower type, but you will not get a great result from it.
    Old 05-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Since this is boom 21, does that make us legal age?