paypal experiences

Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Now remember if it is electronically delivered ( a download) you have NO protection. I would be very wary.
This.

In this case, MTS seems to know her so you may wanna get some more feedback from her to help you feel comfortable.

If it was someone nobody knew, welllll....I'd say no to the downloads.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 AM

I love paypal. I've used it for over 10 years, and never had a problem. It offers buyer and seller protection, and is a good tracking tool.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
In this case, MTS seems to know her so you may wanna get some more feedback from her to help you feel comfortable.

If it was someone nobody knew, welllll....I'd say no to the downloads.
Geta is a member of this board.
And I'm sure you've all admired her GORGEOUS quilts.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_to...um=5721&page=1

her blog:
http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 AM

I'm not sure I would want someone in another country to know my PP account info. They could easily send you a phishing email and if you fall for it, there goes your money.

I know it is wrong of me to mistrust people from other countries more so than the US, but there are places in Eastern Europe where much of the economy is built on internet scams.

But since another QB member has vouched for this seller, there seems like there would be no problem.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

I purchased two of Geta's bags via PayPal and had the electronic download.

No problems with either.

The patterns are well-written and appear to be easy to follow. (I haven't made one yet - but I did read ALL the instructions - and they are very understandable)

I think Geta lives in Romania.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

I use and trust PayPal all of the time :D:D:D
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM
MTS
Banned

I'm not sure I would want someone in another country to know my PP account info. They could easily send you a phishing email and if you fall for it, there goes your money.
That's the whole point of PayPal, though.
The majority of my fabric purchases via PayPal are made outside th e US. Never, ever had a problem.

And phishing emails don't have to come from Nigeria from my long lost mishpacha (!) in order to con unwitting recipients.
Our fellow US countrymen do very well with that all by themselves.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:15 AM

Boy, do I love this board...i am so happy i joined...talk about instant gratification...thank you everyone for your responses to my paypal question..i now feel very comfortable to join paypal and get that beautiful pattern from Geta...and of cours i am going to make it as soon as it arrives and not allow it into the "dead pattern stash"....again thank you all...nantie
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Using PayPal is great!!! It is my payment of choice when given the option. Basically, it's a holding spot for money, whether paying or receiving. Nothing can happen without your input though, so it's pretty safe. If you are buying, you pay PayPal and they pay the Seller. If you are receiving money, it's just the opposite. The money stays in PayPal until you "withdraw" it. It can also be used to transfer money to someone without fees if you select the "personal" option. My kids pay the rent to me that way, they select living expense as the type.

A note of caution though, there are spammers, so you have to be careful.
* Do not click the link sent via email from anyone, even if it looks legit - ALWAYS manually type the address to get there (www.paypal.com). You can see your transactions just fine when you log in. The bad email it comes from is very similar...I've seen it come thru as paypall.com (an extra "L")
* Don't ever give out your password.
* When purchasing from someone, all they need to know is the email address you use for PayPal. They don't need to know any of your banking info or passwords.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 AM

I know it is wrong of me to mistrust people from other countries more so than the US, but there are places in Eastern Europe where much of the economy is built on internet scams.

But since another QB member has vouched for this seller, there seems like there would be no problem.

NOBODY has your info but you, paypal sends her the money, that's it, all she has is your email