Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • help me find pattern for this tablerunner >
  • help me find pattern for this tablerunner

• help me find pattern for this tablerunner

Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 AM

I have used this pattern also. Made at least a dozen of these table runners and one length of fabric makes two runners and a placemat or small table topper. Just put one of these together yesterday. can make them any length you want. I buy 2 yards so that it is longer for my dining room table and then the small kind of round one goes on round kitchen table to match. the pattern is worth the price.
    Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 AM

I just made one of these Fri night. Here are some directions I gave a friend - maybe this will help: So I made this one without a pattern - sort of. I did get a picture from http://karensayssew.blogspot.com/

I think 1 1/4 yd makes a runner about 40" long; I used 2 1/2 yards for this one and it is 72".

I wanted it pretty wide (20" + binding) so instead of using the triangle ruler (which makes a runner about 16" + binding, I used the 60 degree line on my 6 x 24" ruler. It worked really well :->

So, decide how wide you want your runner, decide which stripe to cut your fabric (don't forget the seam allowance) and cut two lengths of your fabric.

Now you are ready to cut the end pieces. The first cut needs to put the wide edge of your triangle to the outside of your table runner and make your first cut slanting in. This piece is not used for the table runner (but goes a long way towards a candle mat :-> see below).

Cut the second piece the opposite way - the wide edge of the triangle to the center of the runner. This piece will be used for the runner. Cut two pieces from each end of each strip of fabric.

Match your fabric and sew the wedges to each end of the long strips. Then you'll have a straight seam down the center of the runner. Add batting, backing, quilt and bind. Voila! Make a couple of extra wedges and you can make candle mat. Or make the first cut with the wide edge of the ruler to the centerof the runner - then you'll have a mat (or a hot pad with Insulbrite) and runner, and no waste.

You can find a YouTube video for the correct way to do the binding for the odd angled corners. I did it by a lot of fiddling (and fussing).

I hope this makes sense! I looked for a YouTube video but didn't find one.
    Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 AM

I was going to post the Jinny Beyer website too. That is a good pattern. And free is always good. I have used it several times. You can cut it longer for a table runner or shorter for a candle mat. There are a lot of neat free patterns on her site.
    Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 AM
    Power Poster

Try the web site.........www.favequilts/table-and-placemats.
    Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    I have a printout of a tablerunner....the one that is made with "strippy" material and only needs 5 seams......long center and two 60 degree triangles at each end.....well, I am stymied about cutting those triangles, don't quite understand what the direction and drawing is saying......went to website of timeless treasures and it stated this pattern is no longer free..........does anyone know if there is a tute out there somewhere that I can see exactly how these tris are cut????/thanks for help
    I have made many of these tablerunners and they are very easy - as long as you follow directions and check ruler placement carefully before you cut. Once you have made one you will be hooked and not have a problem. According to a saleperson at my LQS the pattern was originally free but now is only for sale - LQS has to pay in order to include it in a kit. The designer is Karen Mongomery. Hope this helps but doesn't discourage you - wonderful holiday gifts.
    Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
    This placemat is same idea as the tablerunner, just shorter. Hope you can figure this out.
    Maybe try it with some scraps before cutting your nice fabric.
    http://www.jinnybeyer.com/assets/ax_...tern-BOBII.pdf
    Yes, thank you very much, this is certainly a lot clearer than the photocopy I have....thanks again, would like to finish this by this Thanksgiving.........this will certainly make that possible
    Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    I have a printout of a tablerunner....the one that is made with "strippy" material and only needs 5 seams......long center and two 60 degree triangles at each end.....well, I am stymied about cutting those triangles, don't quite understand what the direction and drawing is saying......went to website of timeless treasures and it stated this pattern is no longer free..........does anyone know if there is a tute out there somewhere that I can see exactly how these tris are cut????/thanks for help
    Are you thinking of the table runner that uses the 60 degree ruler?? It was free when it first came out and now you have to buy the pattern. I have made a number of these but couldn't do it without the 60 degree ruler(maybe because I am math challenged).
    Old 09-30-2012, 02:39 PM

check this link: http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads...runner-and-mat

this one might have something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSM0bcJyYLo

and go to youtube.com and put 60 degree tablerunner in the search
    Old 09-30-2012, 03:28 PM
    Power Poster

I found the Easy Stripe Table runner pattern on Google docs website when looking for a pattern. It was a free download. A couple of years ago, it was a free hand out at Christmas in July day at a nearby Bernina dealer. Same pattern, different picture of the finished product, as the pattern for sale.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 09-30-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM

It sounds like the 10 minute table runner. If you google search it you will find the pattern and it is a free pattern.