Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Kai scissors >
  • Kai scissors

• Kai scissors

Old 01-09-2014, 03:06 PM

These are my favorite scissors. They are light weight and don't hurt my hands while using them. Even though they are light weight the quality is great. Definately order from the kai site. The customer service is great,helped me pick which pairs I needed and did not push me to buy more.
    Old 01-09-2014, 04:13 PM

I love mine, have given them to all my good friends, and even recommended them to a fellow board member who went on to receive excellent customer service from Kai.

They're micro-serrated, which means they grab the fabric and don't slip, and the handles are soft and comfortable. I have 6 pairs in various sizes.
    Old 01-09-2014, 04:34 PM

About twice a year Kai runs a good sale, at least 30% off. I see it posted on a sewing message board. Last fall I replaced my 40 year old Gingher dressmaking shears with the Kai pro 10" and I love them.
    Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 AM

Kai are my favorite scissors!
    Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 AM
    Power Poster

Interesting, I have never tried them.
    Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 AM

I got my first pair by accident. I was in a LQS the first time I saw these. I needed a new pair of scissors, and these were hanging on the wall behind the cashier. I just said give me a pair of the scissors (didn't specify brand, lol). When I got home, I found that they were the KAI scissors, not the Fiskars, as I had thought. But when I tried them, I was absolutely thrilled! They cut through multiple layers, without distorting the fabric, and they are comfortable even after marathon cutting sessions. Since then, no more Fiskar's, I only by KAI.
    Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 AM

Kai has both serrated and non-serrated scissors, so be sure you are ordering the ones you want. IMHO, I will never buy another pair of non-serrated scissors. I have two of the Kai embroidery scissors with the curved tips. Two years ago, I saw them at the Houston IQF, and they weren't serrated. But I asked the company rep in the booth if they had serrated curved scissors and he said he didn't think they were stock, but they could machine them for me. So I ordered and paid for them and got them in the mail just a couple weeks later. This past year, I went to the booth again and ordered the double curved embroidery scissors. Once again, I special ordered them serrated and got them in the mail a couple weeks later. Since I have two pair of each of the Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Scissors, I doubt I will order anything larger.
    Old 01-11-2014, 05:39 AM

I have 2 pairs of Kai scissors & I have to agree that they are the best scissors that I have ever owned. I have a big pair & then I ordered a small pair for snipping those elusive small threads & boy are they good. To get them to Canada they were a little pricey but worth every nickel !! I highly recommend them.
    Old 01-11-2014, 05:43 AM

Now, I'm interested in a pair, which model should I look at for just a basic scissor? Thanks
    Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM

I agree. I have had my Kai scissors for over 7 years and love them. Every one in the house knows that "Thou shall not touch the black handle scissors"......LOL