Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hancock's of Paducah - WOW >
  • Hancock's of Paducah - WOW

• Hancock's of Paducah - WOW

Old 07-08-2015, 08:43 AM

I have great success with them and love their catalogs!
    Old 07-08-2015, 10:49 AM

This is not about fabric, but a cutomer service experience that was so shocking, I just have to share. Yesterday DH and I had to trade our modem for a more current one at Comcast. We walked in, were greeted politely, and when it was our turn, we were called ma'am and sir! Comcast, giving polite customer setvice! Kudos to the Comcast Office i Lebanon, Oregon for great customer service! Amazing, they can give good customer service, now I will never accept less!
    Old 07-08-2015, 11:59 AM

I live close to Handcocks of Paducah and go we several times a year, have NEVER been disappointed, such good service and Mr. Handcock is so nice and takes time to chat with his customers. Best place for me to shop.
    Old 07-08-2015, 12:55 PM

I have been to Hancock's of Paducah for the past 10 years or so, when our youngest daughter moved there. She worked for the newspaper and during Quilt Week (in April every year), the newspaper sent her to interview the Hancock's for an article in the paper about the Quilt show, etc. They told her that some women actually CRY when they walk in the door. I was telling somebody that they have 10 rows of BATIKS and they did not believe me. Here is a link to a post of mine with a picture of the store:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ah-t52335.html
    Old 07-08-2015, 03:17 PM

I, too, get excellent service from them. I always check what's on sale online and usually can't resist the bargain!
    Old 07-09-2015, 06:00 AM

I don't understand. I have a lot of that now a days. But if you knew you had an expired gift card, why did you expect them to make it good? That kind of thing sinks smaller shops like a hole in a ship. Perhaps they are large enough to absorb the costs but why should they? I just don't understand.
    Old 07-09-2015, 06:35 AM

Here in CA, gift cards CANNOT expire. They are like cash - good forever. I think that's a good policy - what "cost" are they absorbing? They were given money for that card in the past; I don't see that they're losing anything.
    Old 07-09-2015, 06:54 AM

Love Hancock's of Paducah.
    Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 AM

I did not know it was expired. My daughter lives in Paducah and we go there a couple of times a year and ALWAYS go to Hancocks of Paducah and I ALWAYS buy fabric. So, a year ago, she went into the store and purchased an E-Gift Card for me. Hancocks of Paducah then sent me an email/birthday card, telling me that I had "money to spend" online. But, there was no expiration date on the E-Gift Card. I was "saving" my gift card until I found something that I needed or just could not live without. Yes, I knew that I had had it a long time, but I thought that there was a new law out that companies could not put out expiration dates on gift cards. Guess that did not apply to E-Gift Cards. Anyway, when I tried to use it about a week ago on a beautiful peacock panel, it had been a week over a year since I received the email and I was unable to use it. But, a phone call was all it took to be able to use it. Great customer service!

Originally Posted by AZ Jane
    I don't understand. I have a lot of that now a days. But if you knew you had an expired gift card, why did you expect them to make it good? That kind of thing sinks smaller shops like a hole in a ship. Perhaps they are large enough to absorb the costs but why should they? I just don't understand.
    Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 AM

Nothing like Customer service to keep your business running at the top. Kudos to them and word of mouth is better than advertising any day