Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Current responses to "old posts" >
  • Current responses to "old posts"

• Current responses to "old posts"

Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM

When I come here I click on the 'what's new' tab at the top of the page. The posts are listed in most recent order of last post. That view also shows the original date of the post as well as the most recent post. If it's a topic I'm interested in, I'll still look. Probably just a matter of some newer folks looking at various topics of interest to them and they post accordingly. It's all good.
    Old 09-18-2016, 11:53 AM
    Power Poster

Sometimes I missed the thread when it was first posted.
    Old 09-18-2016, 01:45 PM

About once a week I go to the "personal" page and check the posts I started.
    Old 09-18-2016, 02:45 PM
    Power Poster

I look at whatever catches my attention. If the post is too old I read but may not post to it.
    Seems there is no harm in reading older posts or they would be deleted.
    Old 09-18-2016, 03:55 PM

I go to archives also then to the topic I want to read such as Main, Pictures, etc.
    Old 09-18-2016, 04:01 PM

This is Geri...the one who posted the original comment about old posts. I wasn't really complaining, I too, sometimes have missed the original thread and don't mind "catching up". It just seemed that morning there was a slew of old pics with current comments....and I clicked and got involved in the discussion, reading on and on, then looked and saw the original post dates....and realized that I had seen them "before".....granted some of this info might be helpful to newbies, and even remind some of us seasoned members of something...I just will remind myself to look at original post date, before I click on it.....hope that doesn't make me a curmudgeon....
    Old 09-18-2016, 05:11 PM

Geri, you didn't say dagnabit or refer to anyone as a dang fool whippersnapper, so I don't think you qualify as a curmudgeon.
    Old 09-18-2016, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    This is Geri...the one who posted the original comment about old posts. I wasn't really complaining, I too, sometimes have missed the original thread and don't mind "catching up". It just seemed that morning there was a slew of old pics with current comments....and I clicked and got involved in the discussion, reading on and on, then looked and saw the original post dates....and realized that I had seen them "before".....granted some of this info might be helpful to newbies, and even remind some of us seasoned members of something...I just will remind myself to look at original post date, before I click on it.....hope that doesn't make me a curmudgeon....
    I have been on the list for several years as well, but I use what's new, and if the topic is interesting, I will do a reply and after it has been posted, see where it is years and years old. I just don't always check the original post date, then think...shoot, should have paid attention.
    Old 09-19-2016, 02:52 AM

I get amused at new replies to old posts in regard to family dramas. pictures forum...no problem. Easy to miss them when new or if they preceed my membership. Nice to be able to search for specific techniques or types of quilts....no big deal if originally posted 5-6 years ago. What is "old" becomes new to those who have not seen it before.
    sandy
    Old 09-19-2016, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Sometimes there's not a lot of new activity and we end up in the older posts. Once one person responds, others follow and old threads are revived. It might help if the date of the post was shown on the first page, not just when you open it.
    The date is shown on each post. But when new posts are added, and you've gone into that a ways, it's hard to remember that it is an old post.