Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody else have this problem? >

Anybody else have this problem?

Anybody else have this problem?

Old 01-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

I'm totally manic on this !
Right now I have 3 yummy bundles of fabric for different projects and even have the projects picked out. Can't decide which one do start, oh and then another one will come along. It's always the same with me. Like I said I'm manic!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:02 PM

I spent quite a while sorting, purging and organizing my sewing room and stash last summer. Now I've been through everything. I have a large tote of planned quilt projects, a large tote of sewing projects, a tote of sewing with kids projects and several smaller totes of Christmas project, purse project, and table runner/ mat / placemat plans and UFOS. Then there is the tie project, the OBW UFO, and the quiet book plans.
I need to live forever...
Meanwhile I have about 5 quilts made with 4-Hers last November when the Ontario Lieutenant Governor visited our county. They need completing, backing, quilting and/or binding. They are slated for donation to various organizations.
I'm not bored...
Old 01-28-2018, 07:20 PM

There are worse problems to have. Lol! I do not do UFO's. I sew gift quilts, charity quilts, and quilts for me or projects that appeal to me for just me. If I do not have a deadline project, then I sew what interests me. Sometimes, I'll be working on a project and something jumps out at me (this month it was mini's, obviously) and so I'll work on both projects at the same time. But, you're right, we have many options to explore. That's what makes this hobbie so much fun. If you're in a quandary, pick a fabric or a pattern and launch from there.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:27 PM

It sounds like a lot of quilters are moving. I would never make it if I had to move.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:16 AM

Guilty! And then I get on this wonderful board and Oh My!! There is another one I want to do. So I print the info off and add it to the notebooks: Quilt Fun, Quilt Projects, Quilts Bucket List. Will I ever get to them all? At the rate I'm going I need to live to be 200. But then I buy some fabric to go with the project and assign a tub...they are stacking up.

So I joined the UFO club here and started making a list. That seems to help me. There are 13 projects on the list now and I know there are more because that is NOT all of them.

Ok so I am motivated to pick one of those tubs and get it to the sewing machine because it is cut. But something is wrong. It is not going together. Then I discover that it is cut wrong. Supposed to be 3 1/2 squares and some of them are 3 1/2 x almost 4. Shaking head..

Marcia
Old 01-29-2018, 04:19 AM

I am in that boat! And, I am determined to finish all of the UFOs or get rid of them this year. They are a burden to my mind. Besides, I have a lot of money invested in them. I made a list of them, examined each container and roughly determined the amount of time each would take to finish. Then, I numbered the containers. There are a few that I will get rid of because they were done to learn a new technique and I used fabric I didn't like-so I don't like the item. I finished one two days ago that I had had for five years! So, I've assigned a half a day each week to doing UFO work. Wish me luck. I have a container with a new pattern in it and plan to collect (from my stash) all I need to make it and will start when I get half of the UFOs finished. I also have myself to never add to the UFO stack again by not finishing an item before starting another-no matter what!
Old 01-29-2018, 05:25 AM

Its hard to stick to the UFO pile. but if you don't it grows and grows.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:25 AM

OMG!! This thread is a hoot! I see myself over and over. I usually start a quilt and finish it but lately I am trying to use mostly stash up and get so far and have to buy a piece to finish it so start another to that point etc. where I buy most of my fabric is 24 miles from me so figure I will get them all to the same point then go buy what I need. All I can say misery loves company with the undecided what to start. Lololol
Old 01-29-2018, 06:43 AM

I shout at myself "what are you, 8 years old?". It does help
Old 01-29-2018, 07:02 AM

Sounds like you have the quilting addiction,