Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Dear Jane >
  • Dear Jane

• Dear Jane

Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome
    I wonder if doctors are prescribing biologic meds for Lupus? I think I saw it being advertised on TV? If it is an option for you, you may be able to get your meds free directly from the company. My brother does this for RA. Don't give up, girl.
    Yup, been on Benlysta for a year, it's horrifically expensive but we get it free cause we could never afford it. My life has changed dramatically. I suffered without the chemo for over 2 years and finally found a way to get it free(ish) first I have to meet my out of pocket max which is like $3,000 then it's free. I hit that by March. I only hope that they will renew it for 2020 or I degenerate to bed ridden. Your bro should be on the one that takes like 6 hours to get into the system, it's called Rituxamab. I feel awful doing mine and it takes 1 hour, but we spend about three hours in the cancer center. Doc threatened to take me off of Benlysta and switch me to Rituxamab when my numbers shot through the roof a month ago. I'm glad I didn't have to as the side effects from Benlysta keep me in bed for 2 days... the other is worse. That said I have to take a bunch of other drugs for all the rest of the diseases. It's not fun getting old... I always thought I would die by 30 and never need to go through all of this. Good thing I didn't as I wouldn't have my 2 youngest and would have missed out on all sorts of things, quilting included. I was a wild one. :-)
    Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 PM

Is it out of print? Is the author still alive? I thought she'd never stop producing stuff.
    Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 PM

Yeah, half the time I can't keep up with myself... the other I find myself prone. I would love to find balance in the ancient of days.
    Old 08-21-2019, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond
    toverly, I just ordered the book from Amazon (3rd party seller). I paid $55 for it which is a lot but maybe not for OOP books. Hope to start mine this fall.
    Thanks QuiltingVagabond. I'll give it a try. I've looked in shops but have never scored a copy. Hopefully Amazon will still have it.
    Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 AM

There is (was?) a wonderful web site when I did mine years ago! Much help, info and pictures Lemme see if I can find it... Yep. Its changed but still really good. And here is mine!

http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/2009/01/8.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616462[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails jas-done.jpg  
    Old 08-21-2019, 08:45 AM

In April, I was lucky (right place, right time) to be invited to the Jane Stickle Quilt Retreat in Shipshewana. Many of the ladies who attend have completed or are working on DJ. I think the book's author has been a guest speaker for this group which has been meeting for more than 20 years.
    Of course, after attending, I needed to find a copy of Dear Jane and mine came today. It was used but in very good condition and had been spiral bound (bonus!!). The next retreat is November, can't wait!
    Old 08-21-2019, 09:51 AM

I've not made a Dear Jane quilt. Yours is lovely.
    Old 08-21-2019, 01:20 PM

I bought the book,rulers Years ago,bow think I will pick out a few blocks and make a wll hanging.I had neck surgury a year ago and now need shoulder so hands don't work too good I love your quilt and thank you for showing it..
    Old 08-21-2019, 01:51 PM

I have the book ..not sure I will ever make it. My list is long. Your quilt is beautiful and I hope you finish it. Kitties yours is lovely..what a pretty room!
    Old 08-21-2019, 02:38 PM

I was looking for some quilt patterns today and behold! There was Dear Jane. I pulled it off the shelf and said to myself when I am done with my current projects this will be the next thing on my soon to do list. Not just my to do list but very soon. Moved to the top of the list.