Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ITSY---- BITSY  Trash can >

ITSY---- BITSY Trash can

ITSY---- BITSY Trash can

Old 11-12-2010, 08:40 AM

Some more great little containers are the little plastic "tubs" that babyfood comes in these days. They are rectangular plastic containers with plastic lids...I keep binding clips in one, bobbins in one, machine needles in one. I had been throwing them away til I realized they make great little containers for "little things".
Old 11-12-2010, 08:51 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I keep an empty 'square' kleenex box for snippits and what nots . Toss it all in garbage when done.. Its the season when we use kleenex the most so I will have a new one before my other one gets too filled up..

I use a glass spaghetti sauce jar to mix and keep my home-made starch.. it already has measurements on it.. just pour each till the lines cover and shake and whoala !
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

i use gum containers too. the one i get has a tab that opens for individual pieces of gum to come out and also has the top that opens.
i have my bobbins in one and some of those ponytail stretchy holders in the other. love them!!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 AM

I use the baby food containers too :) Lots of great hints Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 10:03 AM

I've been saving these and have used them for my safety pins for my quilting & other small items, but I never thought about an I-B trash can! How clever!!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 AM

if any one is diabetic, the containers that test strips come in are great for pill bottles, or any other use. They seal really tight by snapping.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by DJRustic
I have an Itsy- Bitsy trash can for my hand piecing. I just keep it in my sewing basket. It is------ the container that you get Orbit gum in. I just pulled off all of the labels & walla..... my very own tiny trash can, might I also say " with a lid". I just love this thing, it is small enough to collect all of my threads snips. I am currently working on several EPP Grandmother's garden quilts & this is so handy for all my scraps.
So, go buy a container of Orbit ( I like the white bubblemint.... I like to chew & blow bubbles as I sew) Happy Sewing....................Donna, The Rustic Quilter
I buy Eclipse gum in those little containers. Never thought to save them. I have one in my car almost empty. I'll have to go save it. That would be great on my table where I hand sew, I always leave strings on the arm of the chair. Thanks for the idea. Oh how many things one could store in them.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I keep an empty 'square' kleenex box for snippits and what nots . Toss it all in garbage when done.. Its the season when we use kleenex the most so I will have a new one before my other one gets too filled up..

I use a glass spaghetti sauce jar to mix and keep my home-made starch.. it already has measurements on it.. just pour each till the lines cover and shake and whoala !
I use a 1/2 gal plastic milk jug that has a screw on lid for my homemade starch!!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:14 AM

All clever ideas! Thanks! My hubby gave me an idea how to carry water to use in the small iron when going to classes. I use a small drinking water bottle---already has water in it that is okay for the iron and screw on lid so won't spill and make a mess. (osmosis treated---so okay for the iron) And easy to refill from a gallon size distilled water bottle.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:36 AM

Great idea! I am a container junkie myself. I think I have one of these with another brand of gum.