Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >
  • ♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

• ♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-06-2011, 04:56 AM

I don't tell him I'm buying it. If I do he makes a comment about my loads of fabric. But he knows When I do because he pays the bills. He never comments once it's bought.
    Old 08-06-2011, 05:26 AM

When I was working and had money to spare, I would tell him. Now we are retired and watching our $$ and I do slip a few things in now and then without his knowledge.
    Old 08-06-2011, 05:28 AM

Same here - I just put something in my very crammed but organized (to my liking) sewing room and he can't tell if there is anything new at all.
    Old 08-06-2011, 07:25 AM

I never hide anything. My husband, when talking about my quilting said "There could be worse habits"
    Drinking, smoking, having affairs, all more expensive.
    Old 08-06-2011, 06:18 PM

No, I don't worry about what he buys so he doesn't worry what I buy. Besides he's the one that does the checkbook so he can see all the purchases.
    Old 08-06-2011, 08:53 PM

No. Never. I always tell him the truth and I never hide anything from him. I wouldn't like it if he did that to me. I think it's the best way.
    Old 08-07-2011, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
    Do you hide fabrics from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics!

Hubby never goes into my rooms, so he has no idea what I have! :) :) :)

I have some 2 drawer file cabinets and have them under a table (out of site) and that is where I file some of my quilting books, magazines, etc. nice and organized that way.
    I don't need to hide any fabric as I have my own money and pay for them myself. DH is always buying CD's and discs for his Karoake machine, he spends more money on them than I would on fabric. I only buy what I see on special or the occasional fabric I am storing for another quilt.
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 AM

When I get home from shopping I leave my fabrics (I'm a fabricaholic) in the back of my van until my hubby is gone or busy doing something else then I sneak my purchases in and stash them in my sewing room. He never looks in my sewing cupboards. He has no idea how much "stuff" i have accumulated!!
    Old 08-07-2011, 05:18 AM

My DH is also an enabler. He will often help me choose fabric combinations. He has a very good eye for colour.

We each get and allowance every payday that we don't have to account for. I spend most of mine on fabric, he spends most of his on tractors.

If I order online, I do have it shipped to my work....not to hide it from him, but because my co-workers are also enablers and always enjoy seeing my latest purchases. Then they look forward to show and tell as each item is finished.

Patti
    Old 08-07-2011, 05:24 AM

To go along with my earlier answer...I remember my mother hiding the clothes and shoes she purchased (she was a "clothes horse"). She would put them in the back of her closet then when she'd get them out to wear them and my dad would ask about them she would just say, "Oh, I've had this for a long time, it was in the back of the closet". Sneaky mom!!!! lol