Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? >

Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Omg this is too funny......I think that a sewing room should be a place to be relaxed and just have fun....I have a spare bedroom that was my daughters room....but now its my sewing room...I finally set it up last year when I finally got my embroidery machine and I wanted an area where I didnt have to put my machine away so I now have one...sometimes its messy but I make it a point to dust and tidy up after completing a project which sometimes lasts a few days to weeks....I have to also say that I dont like leaving threads and fabric cut up all over the place because I dont have the room to let that happen so I do clean up that after sewing....but all in all its really what you like...like right now I have 3 projects for xmas that Iam working on and well you get the picture....maybe sometime this week I will send a photo.....Trish
Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 PM

I sure love seeing everyone's sewing area... maybe someday I'll have a place to get messy... although messes "mess" me up... I feel as if you've invited me into your home.. Thank you!!! lots of inspiration on these pages!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:41 PM

Mine comes and goes with the projects. Sometimes neat, sometimes messy. Right now. in between.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
Just Fabric-are you sitting down? LOL
My fabric is stored in old pattern cabs also. by color just like yours.

:thumbup: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
I saw a friend's blog and she posted pictures of her sewing room. She was all organized and neat. It made me think about my space. If I took pictures and shared I'm afraid people would die from all the clutter and mess. :D So it made me start to think....would I share pictures of what my space really looks like or would I tidy it up before showing anyone? Just curious if I'm the only slob... :shock:
Just saw your pictures! Your room is fine! Your worrying over nothing!! You have a great space!

I have a messy room! That's because I'm working on 3 projects at the same time! Always try and clean up abit between projects. ;)
Old 10-31-2011, 04:19 PM

After all those pics my eyes zoned in all your fabric, if you ever need to de stash let me know lol! I love your sewing room one of these years I'll get mine set up.
Originally Posted by JanetWall
OK MY ROOM
Old 10-31-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Maria C
What an interesting thread. I love seeing other peoples sewing rooms. The great thing is when you see a quilt no one knows what state your room was in when you made it - they only see the beauty before their eyes. Quilters are amazing.
Maria... sew well said, my Dear! Perfect answer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 PM

I have to keep mine neat all the time. It's a small space and packed with so much stuff. If I didn't keep it neat and organized I wouldn't even be able to get in the door.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 PM

I love this thread! I had to run downstairs and take a few pictures, (without picking up first!)

Last month, the sewing room that I share with my sis-in-law was moved from the guest bedroom to the larger room in the basement. This thread inspired me to run downstairs and take a few pictures. I'm a slob, but my sis-in-law tidies up as she goes, plus sewing in her house pushes me to fight my natural slobby tendencies! We got two matching cabinets for each of us to store our stashes and supplies. I love how she's stored her fabric, but I didn't want to take the time to do it myself.

The air hockey table was covered with two boards to create a pressing area and a cutting area.

Kendall's Mom's cabinet - I love her boards for storing fabric!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]280173[/ATTACH]

My cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]280174[/ATTACH]

My niece's play area still needs to be organized. I think she liked it better in the smaller room!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]280178[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-280117.jpe   attachment-280118.jpe   attachment-280120.jpe   attachment-280121.jpe   attachment-280125.jpe  

Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by JanetWall
OK MY ROOM
Janet-
You have entirely too much thread! You should send half to me! LOL! HA HA HA!!!! :)