Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftybear
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? What are you making? Please show us pictures and if you found the pattern online please share the link with us so we can all enjoy making cool things!

How long 'til Christmas?

77 Days

14 Hours

44 Minutes

...But who's counting?
Too depressing, hate the tara -ra and xmas hype
send cards late as poss ,tree up xmas eve, and just doing xmas lap quilt for local cottage hospital.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Missy B
I'm with you, but last year I didn't make a thing! It's too much pressure and I don't enjoy doing anything under pressure. I feel so much better this year, knowing that I've "released" myself from all of this. And may I say "BAH HUMBUG!
wonderful attitude, wish others would be the same and stop being so frazzled .
Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 AM

I am making pillows for my good friends. Got those sewn last night, but still need the pillow forms. I also have 2 dishcloths knit, only 2 more to go. I still need to start on the 2 projects for my daughters. Phew! Lots to do!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 AM

I released myself from Christmas last year also. I used to buy for 45 people and I dont have kids! I do for my parents and a few chosen friends and for the needy. Only doing/making for a select few, no big tree, no mandatory exchanges. Last year, my hubby's family had a fit about it and tried to make me feel bad about it but that did not work. To reinforce my new policy, I scheduled a surgery so that I would be in the hospital over the holidays.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 AM

I just want to put in my two cents worth. I'm sorry several of you are so down on Christmas. This is more prevalent than you think. from the start We tried to stress to our children as they grew up, that Christmas was much more than gifts. They all had a great time with a low key gift exchange that has carried over into their own families. Now we get together for a fun dirty santa exchange (lots of fun) and they only concentrate on their own immediate families. Because I can do the handwork, I start the first of the year and make things like pillows, pillowcases, pot holders, and this year some cross stitch pictures. We just don't get bogged down in lots of gifts. My daughter's family only give to the little ones. The older ones just take up a donation and send it to a compassionate services. I think when you just try to remember that quality time and love, are greater gifts to share. of course when you have little tots, that doesn't work. even then there should be a limit to how much they get. Otherwise they will expect more and more every year.
I'll get off my soap box now. I just feel bad t hat some are tuning out on the spirit of Christmas. "Hugs"
Old 10-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by almostfree
I am making pillows for my good friends. Got those sewn last night, but still need the pillow forms. I also have 2 dishcloths knit, only 2 more to go. I still need to start on the 2 projects for my daughters. Phew! Lots to do!
JoAnn's puts their pillow forms on 50% off just every few weeks...keep an eye on their sales flyer.

:XD:
Old 10-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I just want to put in my two cents worth. I'm sorry several of you are so down on Christmas. This is more prevalent than you think. from the start We tried to stress to our children as they grew up, that Christmas was much more than gifts. They all had a great time with a low key gift exchange that has carried over into their own families. Now we get together for a fun dirty santa exchange (lots of fun) and they only concentrate on their own immediate families. Because I can do the handwork, I start the first of the year and make things like pillows, pillowcases, pot holders, and this year some cross stitch pictures. We just don't get bogged down in lots of gifts. My daughter's family only give to the little ones. The older ones just take up a donation and send it to a compassionate services. I think when you just try to remember that quality time and love, are greater gifts to share. of course when you have little tots, that doesn't work. even then there should be a limit to how much they get. Otherwise they will expect more and more every year.
I'll get off my soap box now. I just feel bad t hat some are tuning out on the spirit of Christmas. "Hugs"
Thank for the reminder of what Christmas should be. In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives it's easy to forget

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM

I too would like to know what a finger potholder is? it sounds interesting.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM

That is a rag quilt I believe
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM

Ladies here a a link to fingermitts that I'm making for family and teachers

I make a pair and gave them to my step mom that cook for 9 and she loves them. So ofcourse she will get another set my dad like them too.

http://www.getcreativeshow.com/seminars/fingermitts.htm