Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it! >

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 AM

This has probably been solved ,but for future refrence the only thing that gets skunk spray out of the dogs is
a mixture of peroxide,baking soda and dish soap. works like a charm on my dogs who get sprayed at least once a year. I spent a small fortune on odor removers for the dogs only to find they still smelled , and would continue to smell bad when it rained . I have used this combo and they were able to come back in the house as soon as they were dry! I don't know why it wouldnt work on other odors.
Of course I would test it first on scrap as H202 can fade some things.
I don't recall the measurements but you can find it on line, I had it stored on my old computer.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Depends diaper on a cat????? I don't think it'll stay on for more than a couple minutes before they will have it all shredded off!! LOL, but seriously can't figure out whay they do that....mine has done it a couple times on those plastic grocery bags if left on tile floor! Hope you're able to get the smell out though.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM

Is the cat still alive? Sorry if that happened to me, that cat may have lost one of his lives. Cat urine is the hardest thing to get the smell out of.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
Help! This morning, my cat...the darling little putz...knocked over my quilting hoop and peed on the quilt I am making for my step-sister's first baby. DH caught it pretty quickly and has blotted it up and used Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy-Power...but darling kitty has a very pungent pee...think skunk crossed with fresh cut juniper. Since it appears that MANY of us have cats, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? The quilt in question is the one in my picture. I appreciate any help!
I am probably gonna be in the minority here but that is one line that is not be crossed in my home. If you have to to use the bathroom,you had better go to the right place. If it were my cat it would immediately be a outdoor cat.That sentence alone is what is gonna put me in the minority.I do not and will not tolerate any animals peeing or pooping anywhere other than the place they are supposed to go. Since this is not the first time your cat has peed in where it has not supossed to, it
is time to let it live outside so it can pee anywhere it wants to.
I have 2 black cats and they are 2 years old.I love them,but if they peed on the quilt I was working on, they would be sitting on the porch looking in.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 PM

If you go to a pet store, they have multiple products for removing cat smells. Ask them which one they hear of being the best. They usually are very knowledgeable. Good Luck.

Peg-TX
Old 01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Cyn

I had one of my cats spray/pee on one of my quilts. I figured it was ruined anyway so I washed it real well (it had dried by time I realized it) with regular soap. It came out just fine and obviously it all came out because there are 5 other cats here and no one else ever peed on it. As anyone with cats know, they can't help but pee on something they smell from another cat- at least that has been my experience. Since I knew it was there and it bothered me, I washed it a couple more times and we have never had any other problems and no more peeing- thank goodness!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:09 PM

I'll be following this to see how it turns out. Maybe you could trim off the corner and somehow repair it??? Or maybe it if is small enough of an area you could trim all 4 corners equally to balance it out?

A fundraiser quilt I made once was on display at an assisted living facility and their dog peed on it but I know dog urine isn't as bad as kitty urine. Before they told me what happened they washed it in hot water (aaaaahhhhh!!) but fortunately it turned out fine. Whew!

Best of luck with this!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 PM

My best suggestion is to keep the animals out of the quilt room! Sure, they can be great company, but who wants a quilt the cat has peed on? NOT ME!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaLiz
My best suggestion is to keep the animals out of the quilt room! Sure, they can be great company, but who wants a quilt the cat has peed on? NOT ME!
I wouldn't want one,and I wouldn't even think of giving one to wrap around a baby in. Cats are very smart. Your cat has peed on one, now it thinks it can pee on any quilt. My 2 cats aren't allowed anywhere near my quilts where I am working.They have their cushions scented with catnip at the other end of the room.My fabric rooms have doors that are closed except when I go in them and the cats are not allowed in them.The cats are bathed once a week,and if I have to go out of my work room they have to go with me.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:24 PM

When we were on vacation once, the cat sitter locked our kitty out of her litter area. Came home to an awful pee problem and the carpet was new!! I used the information at this site and it is now completely gone!!! It did take several applications, but that was for carpet and padding. I don't know what the 3% peroxide would do. Do you have a scrap of the fabric left to test on? If it discolors the fabric, try just the vinegar and baking soda steps. Good luck. Cat pee is truly difficult to remove, but this worked for us.

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urine...al.htm#Recipe0