Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-03-2011, 03:18 AM

I'm new here and have problems resisting sweets, which is bad because I'm diabetic and need to control my sugar. Sunday is the worst for me because I'm in charge of Sunday Morning Fellowship ( coffee & treats) at church. Every Sunday morning I find myself binging. I'm leaving for church in about an hour please pray for me or at least think about me while I face my hardest temptation. I will post when I get home to let everyone know how I did.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 AM

Jeanne,
You CAN resist. Picture the sweets with an amputated leg on top.
My brother's leg was amputated because he could not keep his sugar under control. That image is a great motivator for me.

God be with you,
MJ
Old 04-03-2011, 04:28 AM

You can do it Jeanne-MJ is right. Think of the consequences of not controlling your sugar. We're with you!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Banned

Jeanne.........what I would do is find the thing I LOVE the most and have 1 small bite. Then walk away.

To curb my hungery I put cinnamon in everything, tea, ice water and as a snack toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Cinnamon is great for weight control. GOGGLE it!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:05 AM

Trying to catch up on my reading here. Lots of inspiration. You ladies are great.

I didn't do too bad yesterday - even walked around the flea market and then came home and did 10 laps around the yard. Hoping to get my bicyle out tomorrow and start going out 3 or 4 times a week with it. And I'm dedicating at least an hour a day working in the yard - raking, picking up limbs, pulling weeds, whatever. Figure that will burn calories and get the yard cleaned up too.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:19 AM

Grace, you are an inspiration!! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
I'm new here and have problems resisting sweets, which is bad because I'm diabetic and need to control my sugar. Sunday is the worst for me because I'm in charge of Sunday Morning Fellowship ( coffee & treats) at church. Every Sunday morning I find myself binging. I'm leaving for church in about an hour please pray for me or at least think about me while I face my hardest temptation. I will post when I get home to let everyone know how I did.
Jeanne, I hope your day goes well. Sweets for me set off cravings! I truly feel your angst!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I was gonna post the list this morning but I could not get logged on. I kept getting a notice that the server was down. So I will post it sometime today when I have a chance.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Count me in again this month!
you're late did you not see it closed at 8AM, why should I let you join??????????? :lol: :lol:

I was wondering where you were, if you weren't here by tomorrow I was going to PM you the link.
What can I say, tax season is here. Not much time, okay actually energy, for anything but work. The increased hours and the fibro are really kicking my butt.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:05 AM

Good Sunday to you Beautiful People! It is a new day and I pray you have your mind right as you work for a healthier you. Don't think about how far you have to go, only think of today.

Tru, I had no intention of moving in on your duties. In fact, I also depend on you to keep me in line. That said, I am yours. Use me as you see fit. (lol) I KNOW you can't possibly be eating a sundae. Congratulations on your 35# loss! How is the weather in your corner of the world?

Sandy, what does "towing the line" mean for you? Are you able to do ANY activity? Do you have an eating plan? How do I know what to get in your face for if I don't know your goals?

Jo, congratulations with your success! I think that kind of diet would be a great kick-off program. I am the type person that needs to see some results to continue.

Jan, I can fix ANYTHING and EVERYTHING with duct tape, so be careful what you say! You are my heroine to deny all that junk! See, it CAN be done by you.

Irish, I also have success with limiting my carbs - my brother calls it tapering-down. It is easier for me to have hi-carb, lo-carb days. I would love to hear the lyrics of the silly song you mentioned.

Radiana, did you get on the scale? You have to get your beginning point. Now, what physical activity do you do?

Carrie, those extra 10 will be gone before you know it! You have not given up. I pray you and yours stay well. How is DD this weekend?

Jeanne, how did you do at church? You can break this habit. I am a big believer in verbalization - TALK to yourself. Say wonderful things about how strong you are - and you will get stronger.

LaurieJo, I am pleased to say my taxes are done and gone. I feel for you - I remember those times!

I am resting my knee today. Even tho it was only for 15 min, TurboFire got my knee again. When I quit in January, it was the left one, now it is the right - the one I wear the brace on. Took a half hour bike ride after church with DH. I am trying to get 30 minutes of activity daily, which is hard with a limp. Finding a balance is my biggest challenge. Tomorrow I plan to go for a 30 minute walk that may actually be a stroll, but I WILL move.