Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Yeah, I made it through church without one single bite because of all your support. I knew I would come home to wonderful encouragement. Thanks everybody!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Yeah, I made it through church without one single bite because of all your support. I knew I would come home to wonderful encouragement. Thanks everybody!
I am so proud of you! Nevermind the fact that you were afraid of a can of whoop ass being opened on you.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Here is the list of weight loss enthuasists.

Trupeach1=Our fearless leader
marknfran
purplemem
irishrose
janethagy

cjomomma
bluteddi
bprayeredue
patc328
coldquilter

Leota
Lindsey
Leann
blondeslave
2manyprojects

NannySandy
kimcruzer
janRN
DonnaD
reeskylr

Carol in WI
Nolee
Skaduzy
ljs317
nawnee_oo

VaNella
wapatee
GrandmK
Rose Ann
nevans-nona

Therese
Nana Julie
grocifer
annt 59
qbquilts

DONK
wildflower
Rose L
patimint
Ann Simmon

DebLuvsQuilting
jmy dog dottie
Rachielou
jollyquilting
MyMoose2

SewMommma66
Mary Lynn
laurelkal
GWYN
Happy Tails

Createfourpaws
pamg
gnewk
SWChick
gracie49

Linda-in-iowa
gana
sewNso
JHolm
pinkypig

Scakes
MilyLily
granof5
Duvet
Sienna's GiGi

Radiana
lauriejo
Jennifer22206
Tarbender30
caboyd 75

Missy= she can't win but she is a wonderful part of this thread and we look forward to hearing from her.
Rita's Mom= Last month's winner,she can't win this month but she can still play along with us.
CarolJ= will be stalking us umm or I mean lurking!

Now if I have missed your name please let me know. If I have missed spelled your name then you will just have to deal with it. LOL!! Please let me know.
That gives us 70 fat so's trying to become skinny! :-)
Old 04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Lynne I am so tired of my DD's whinning that I have stopped listening to her. I know bad Mommy! Today she is at her Boyfriends so I get a break. Just me and little man home for now so it is very quiet.
I know the weight will come back off but it just gets frustrating. I am going to try to do better this month.
Thank you!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 AM

I wouldn't mind winning 69 fat quarters in floral. This is the first one I've cared about. Someone will be happy.

Jeanne, that's impressive. Coffee hour cookies often look so inviting. That's one time needing gluten free is an advantage. I had a slice of fresh pineapple and a few cheese cubes.

Lynne, when my children were small they had every Disney movie and many books on big vinyl 78s. Whoa, that was a long time ago. When Winnie the Pooh visited Rabbit in 'Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Pot', he ate all of Rabbit's honey and couldn't get back out the rabbit hole. He had to diet for several days and, Rabbit, in his squeaky singsong voice, sang
Winnie the Pooh,
Winnie the Pooh,
Only mind over matter
Will make the Pooh unfatter.

Works for me. If my mind isn't committed to this then my body isn't going to get slim and healthy.

I AM eating healthy and losing weight.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
great news
Old 04-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Lynne, It takes all I can muster to walk any at all. The knee pain is so bad. When I bare weight, it literally feels like my knee cap is digging into my leg bone. Dr said that's because it is bone on bone and no cushion at all. I took a total of 4 pain pills yesterday. That is unusual for me, but the pain is just getting worse. I honestly wish surgery was this week instead of next week. Over a week ago, I tried using the new bike hubby bought me, but my right knee just could not handle it. I have been using my 2 lb wts and doing some upper body exercise. I don't want to be doing nothing at all. Last week, I started doing some of the exercises I did in PT after Dec surgery. However, I am so limited with my right knee because of the pain. The best thing I can do right now, as far as my weight loss is concerned is to continue watching my portions. We continue to have absolutely nothing fattening in our house. So I don't have to worry about snacking on bad things. I do try to keep fat free chocolate pudding snacks. I may eat 2 or 3 a week, at most. Popcorn is my regular snack food, which isn't bad. It isn't buttered, it's plain. Since being back from FL, I got myself back off soda, which will be a big help. I have no problem drinking plenty of water, as I love water. However, my problem is in not moving enough. I'm going to have a rough time after surgery, but it will only be temporary. I'll be glad to be on the mend and look forward to increasing my moving/exercise, after surgery. So, if I do eat too much or end up eating something I shouldn't, I have no problem being honest about it. I will tell you/this thread. You have my permission to scold me good, okay? Thanks!! Have a good day. Sandy
Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Hope everyone is having a good start. Managed 2.5 miles on the treadmill today since it's snowing again here. Wish everyone the best of luck and sending encouragement to all.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:36 PM

I went to Church today and had to walk right past the big pastry work day, didn't stop, look, or smell the godies. I decided I went to visit the Lord and I didn't need to be tempted to go off my eating program. No problem at all. PTL. I need some yogurt but it is stormy out and so windy that is is ruining my day our., boo-hoo. We so need the moisture I won't complain too much.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Banned

I met him!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG there are 3 treadles at his moms in storage that no one uses........ maybe he is a keeper for that alone.