Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >
  • Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

• Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 08-21-2018, 11:39 AM

Pictures added to my album.
    Old 08-21-2018, 04:00 PM

Another Tuesday sew day w/friend - tho did a couple of these over the past couple days.. H10 King's Star, I5 Mexican Star, L7 Lemoyne Star, and K5 Ocean Waves - and the quilting design for the outside border and large block border on my Gd's quilt...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]599863[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599864[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599865[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599866[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599867[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails h10-kings-star-web-ready.jpg   i5-mexican-star-web-ready.jpg   l7-lemoyne-star-web-ready.jpg   k5-ocean-waves-web-ready.jpg   planning-border-quilting-web-ready.jpg  

Old 08-21-2018, 05:20 PM

Auntjo... Love the colors for each block. Really beautiful.... And, wow....that border quilting design is amazing. You designed that? Very impressive talent!! I can't wait for my LA...
    Old 08-21-2018, 08:50 PM

Wow auntjo, stunning blocks!!! And an amazing border design!!! You're very talented!
    Old 08-22-2018, 04:43 AM

Teen - I too will sign up for your therapy class for those who survived the New Mexico block. PTSDNM, maybe? Mine is sitting in my little pile of blocks to be redone, so it is holding me up. Aunt Jo, yours looks great, as do your other blocks. I spy your finished blocks on your design wall; it's going to be an awesome quilt.
    Old 08-22-2018, 06:31 AM

Aunt Jo, your blocks are gorgeous. And, the quilting design on the quilt on the long arm is awesome. I can't wait to see it finished. Please post photos when your done.
    Old 08-22-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Teen
    Auntjo... Love the colors for each block. Really beautiful.... And, wow....that border quilting design is amazing. You designed that? Very impressive talent!! I can't wait for my LA...
    Thanks for the compliment. Pinterest is a wonderful place for inspiration for me - start with something that feels like what I'm going for and work it to fit what I have... Without that, it's going thru magazines and books for inspiration for the quilting - it definitely takes much longer to come up with custom quilting ideas than E-to-E designs w/pantographs.
    Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 AM
    Power Poster

Another one in awe of your blocks and quilting designs! Do you just sew over the paper design on your LA? Tell us more about your process if you would. I'm new to LA'ing. thanks
    Old 09-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Another one in awe of your blocks and quilting designs! Do you just sew over the paper design on your LA? Tell us more about your process if you would. I'm new to LA'ing. thanks
    I have sewed over the design on plastic wrap for one quilt, and this time I thought I'd try wax paper. It seems to clean off a bit better after sewing. So far I've tried to not mark the quilt top itself very much, there seems to be so much conflict about what works best and comes out easiest. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to custom stuff for sure. I really do like the E to E pantographs that suit the busy scrappy quilts that I tend to make (BOnnie Hunter). It takes me much longer to feel comfortable w/my own interpretations on custom, and I'm sure I could probably use a few more different type rulers than I have picked up so far to help me feel more comfortable with curves and larger circles. I don't tend to practice on "scraps stuff", which is the mantra - practice, practice, practice. I put on a quilt and go for it... Have done lots of guild donation quilts to get this far... but my progress is not as fast as some, but then I don't spend as much time as some others either.

Another couple blocks today. E2 Corn & Beans and E8 Lincoln's Platform.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]600399[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]600400[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails e2-corn-beans-web-ready.jpg   e8-lincolns-platform-web-ready.jpg  
    Old 09-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Love your E2, Auntjo. The gray & yellow look so good together. I am slowly but surely getting the sashing on mine. I went with a neutral tan for the cornerstones - every other color just didn't seem right since I have so many colors in this. I am making this for our king size bed, looks like it will fit really well.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]600409[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails sylvia-sashing.jpg