Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Ooh My, this one is going to be a challenge and a half. Looks lovely, very countryish
Old 11-26-2011, 04:29 PM

please don't feel intimidated by it... looking at it just now, i don't feel it wants a very busy row next, so relax you'll be fine!

Originally Posted by Maybe1day View Post
Ooh My, this one is going to be a challenge and a half. Looks lovely, very countryish
Old 11-26-2011, 05:24 PM

Oh Donna that just pulls it all together, It's gorgeous.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:55 PM

I am so happy you all like it. It was my first time doing a braid border. I liked that part but the part I ripped out was a washed out gold color and it did not nothing at all for the lovely center. But the red..it spoke to me!

I am proud to be part of your avitar! It is an honor! Thank you Jacquie!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
please don't feel intimidated by it... looking at it just now, i don't feel it wants a very busy row next, so relax you'll be fine!
Hi Jacquie, no worries am not so much intimidated as considering what to follow on with. Plenty of time to decide though so I will no doubt change my mind as to what it might need. As you mentioned I think it will need toning down a little with the next round so as not to make it too busy. Will have to wait until I have it in my hot little hands to audition fabrics for it; though at this stage I am considering corner posts of a traditional block with the main fabric being used for the outline of the block then being used as the rest of the border if that makes sense?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:14 AM

Jodi I have been auditioning an idea against your centre today and so far so good. The fabrics I have used are only scraps so look very busy due to the type of pattern but I think the over all effect if done in the right colours will look good. As a result I hope to start work on it's next round come Tuesday.

Is your husband a native Georgian? I ask because I am considering piecing one of two stars with one of them being a (Carol Doak design - I have one of her books in which she has 50 State star patterns in it)

Cheers
Kathleen
Old 11-27-2011, 03:05 AM

i love your idea of the cornerstone/border design, it really sounds perfect!!
happy sewing!!

Originally Posted by Maybe1day View Post
Hi Jacquie, no worries am not so much intimidated as considering what to follow on with. Plenty of time to decide though so I will no doubt change my mind as to what it might need. As you mentioned I think it will need toning down a little with the next round so as not to make it too busy. Will have to wait until I have it in my hot little hands to audition fabrics for it; though at this stage I am considering corner posts of a traditional block with the main fabric being used for the outline of the block then being used as the rest of the border if that makes sense?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:52 AM

Kathleen I can't wait to see what you do. I haven't seen my little center since it left me so I will be waiting paitently. Yes he is a native Georgian. I love Carol Doak, that's where my center came from.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Everyone is doing such great work!!! I have finally decided on the next background color now to just get the idea from my brain into the fabric...sometimes that is a large leap!!! LOL. Thank you Maybe1day for your kind comments...I look at all the other work on this board and mine does not seem to be any more than adequate, but thank you any way for your support.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:48 AM

Thank you for the info Jacquie, I shall now start work on my idea.

Kay, I am so pleased that you have hit the nail on the head, we are all doing brilliantly and it so exciting to see the centres develop. Like you I sometimes have difficulty putting into practice what my minds eye see’s. Was happy with the block I was auditioning however it came out a little larger than I need and I am not sure I can make it any smaller however it is back to the drawing board to see what I can do. Now that Jacquie has given me something else to think about I will audition that idea as well but not till later in the week.

Linda, I have posted on missgigglewing’s centre, went today express post so please be on the lookout for it.
Cheers
Kathleen