BOM 2011

Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 AM

Me too. I am so excited. I plan to use one material in every block to tie it all together.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:27 PM

Gday, if we are talking about Houses, what about Out Houses, the good ole Auzy dunny's. LOL
Old 10-12-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday, if we are talking about Houses, what about Out Houses, the good ole Auzy dunny's. LOL
LOL.. that would be such a fun block! I love it!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Originally Posted by Bluelady
How about expanding on the houses idea? Light houses were mentioned. Well, that's a "house". And a school house block? And a Post Office? (okay, not as house but hey.. ). Make it a "Town" Quilt. School, Post office, Church, Mosque, houses, lighthouse (make it a town by the sea) Police station, Firehouse, Library, Doctor office, a park, a marina, etc.?

Something beyond stars and churn dashes. But still do-able for beginners willing to give paper piecing a go.
I like this idea of a town quilt. And also be do-able for beginners, I have tried paper piecing and really like it, I've even done some machine applique and like it too. I would like to go beyond the norm and expand my learning skills. A town quilt is not something you would normally do, but I think would really be fun and a good learning experience for lots of us.

A BOM would be the only way for me to even try something like this. I need the support and guidance of other quilters when trying something new. And you have a whole month to make the block and lots of people who are working on the same block to help you with advise and questions.

But whatever is decided I'm in, just for the learning experience and fun. I can't wait to see what we're going to do!!!
The town pp sounds like a blast.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:43 PM

I remember our outhouse all too well,
Old 10-13-2010, 11:29 AM

I agree the town PP houses is a great one
Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 AM

I don't do paper peicing and I would like to add some embroidery to mine. It would be good to let each add her own touches.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:09 AM

I haven't done PP either but I assume I will get all the advice I need right here!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 AM

a town sounds cute. adding your own embellishments to a standard block is what it's all about, isn't it Donna. who can live without embroidery, beads, thread, etc? lol

there are lots of pp patterns, applique, and pieced patterns out there for houses and buildings.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
a town sounds cute. adding your own embellishments to a standard block is what it's all about, isn't it Donna. who can live without embroidery, beads, thread, etc? lol

there are lots of pp patterns, applique, and pieced patterns out there for houses and buildings.
I LOVE your idea of embellishing each of the town or house blocks, if that is the choice. Like you I really like to add my own personal touches!! Thank you for sharing with us.
:D :D :D :D