Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >
  • FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

• FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 06-28-2013, 04:51 PM

Some great new projects! I will get back to my table runner and bag later this summer and be sure to post them.
    Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM

Now, the tree top is complete. I debated on the words but finally did them using chain stitch. I will most likely do the same on the back once the sandwich is secure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]421631[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails pict0065.jpg  
    Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM
    Power Poster

Did you ever imagine what pretties these folks would come up with QE? How to come up with a new idea!!!!!! I think I have an idea on the block. FYI I'm one of the reasons QE's not done with hers. I'll take the fall for it, dear friend.
    Old 06-29-2013, 04:00 AM

Wow! I am loving the new projects! I guess Canada Day was a motivating deadline...

Damsel - your applique looks insanely complicated, but is going to be gorgeous. W4M - your tree is awesome (I love how the leaves go shooting off in all directions - like friends do - but are all tied to one trunk. Is QuiltE the trunk? Are you OK with being a trunk, QuiltE?!) And the ladies' hats in Janie's hanging have really tickled my fancy.

Alison
    Old 06-29-2013, 08:45 AM
    Power Poster

JanieW ... oh so cute! a perfect combo to use Nancy Halvorsen's fabric with her pattern. Was the fabric used in her original pattern too? I know it was not a new print. Great FMQ!!

W4Me ... great addition of your friend words!! The stitching is so even, it;s hard to believe it was done by hand. Your chain stitching must be very tiny.

OKSGlad ... no, I did not anticipate such great things that would come. I am so sorry ... I was not trying to upset you or anyone with the non-progress of my own FFC project. Actually, I've almost been glad for the delay ... has let me do other things! Besides, it gives me more time to re-think what I am doing with the blocks. I haven't really changed directions, just some fine tuning. Have a great holiday ... and the siggie can be done after.

AlisonQ ... truth be known DDamsel IS insane!! So I am a tree? I think that would depend on the kind!!! ... Do I predict a tree project of your own coming up? Hope you have your R+W flying proud and high ... amidst the neighbourhood RW+B banners!!!

DDamsel ... you know I love you for that!!!
    Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 AM

Insane... Crazy... Deranged.... its all the same to me "I are what I are"
    Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Insane... Crazy... Deranged.... its all the same to me "I are what I are"
    I bet you are really channeling Popeye .......... "I 'yams whats I ams, and dats all that I 'yams"

And we love you this way!
    Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    JanieW ... oh so cute! a perfect combo to use Nancy Halvorsen's fabric with her pattern. Was the fabric used in her original pattern too? I know it was not a new print. Great FMQ!!

W4Me ... great addition of your friend words!! The stitching is so even, it;s hard to believe it was done by hand. Your chain stitching must be very tiny.

OKSGlad ... no, I did not anticipate such great things that would come. I am so sorry ... I was not trying to upset you or anyone with the non-progress of my own FFC project. Actually, I've almost been glad for the delay ... has let me do other things! Besides, it gives me more time to re-think what I am doing with the blocks. I haven't really changed directions, just some fine tuning. Have a great holiday ... and the siggie can be done after.

AlisonQ ... truth be known DDamsel IS insane!! So I am a tree? I think that would depend on the kind!!! ... Do I predict a tree project of your own coming up? Hope you have your R+W flying proud and high ... amidst the neighbourhood RW+B banners!!!

DDamsel ... you know I love you for that!!!
    All said in great fun, QE! Now what kind of tree--Maple for the Canuck? And such sweetness comes from a maple tree.

Packing--need a break--DH would wear tshirt and blue jeans every day. Little ticked he has to wear jacket and tie for an evening meal. I'm just laughing!!!!!

Actually you should be DDD dear_deranged_damsel!
    Old 06-29-2013, 02:58 PM
    Power Poster

OKSGlad ... typical farmer! ... jeans and t and skip the jacket and tie ... and of course, leaving the packing to YOU! a break and then back at it, then you can put your feet up tomorrow! (ya right, as though that's going to happen!!!)
    Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 AM

I am so impressed with everyone's fresh and wonderful ideas-project. Mine is still on the drawing board, undecided.

And my sewing room is a mess; gaining on my pilot's license...I pile it and I pile it there...hope to pick up the last two sewing cabinets next Thursday...and fully set the sewing back to order.

Now I am playing "Mother Hen" to six tiny teeny little guineas birds...just hatched last night and today. Very active little guys.[ATTACH=CONFIG]422713[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails baby-guineas2-held-susan.jpg