Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-26-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
I do not try to read all the posts ... Just the ones that are of interest.
I do think there are times when some things get posted in the wrong category ... but figure its probably because they are new, or just a bit challenged when it comes to the computer "stuff".
OK, you win, I am not a 'compudufus', just a bit 'challenged'. :lol:
Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM

I also don't read all of them, as I am now working for the summer, time is short. I also don't reply to all of them, however just because I don't reply doesn't mean I don't appreciate the quality of work being displayed.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 PM

I'm just wondering if one of the moderators could give us some idea of how many posts are added in a day. I'm guessing there are thousands. Nobody actually sees more than the tip of the iceberg. For one thing, while you're sleeping people on the other side of the planet are busy on here. If you frequently click "recent topics" you'll see that they're constantly changing. Many are just a flash in the pan that you'll not catch unless you just happen to click at the right moment.

I imagine it as a rapidly flowing stream of ideas, thoughts, pictures and words, and all of us sort of "fish" out what we enjoy and toss back the rest.

Nice work, all who make it possible!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 PM

I love the versatility of this site and the freedom to read or not read posts as I so choose.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 AM

I BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS ON THINGS. I WORK AND NOT RETIRED YET AND I JUST GO THRU AND CLICK ON WHAT LOOKS INTERESTING TO VIEW IS ALL. NOT VERY OFTEN DO I FIND SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT INTEREST ME. EVEN IN A CHAT, JUST A SEWING QUESTION OR COMMENT AND I HAVE BEEN HELPED. IF I DO NOT LIKE IT, I JUST CLICK OUT OF IT. SO THANKFUL TO HAVE A BOARD AND PEOPLE THAT HELP, SUGGEST AND SHARE SO MUCH. LIKE OTHERS SAY, WE MUST ALL THINK BEFORE POSTING FOR SURE THOUGH AND THAT WILL HELP ELIMINATE WRONG POSTINGS FOR SURE YET I LOVE IT ALL......
Old 06-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rose_P
I'm just wondering if one of the moderators could give us some idea of how many posts are added in a day.

membership and post statistics are always listed on the home page.

it's 4:16am.
there are 139 people logged in.
Total number of users: 30,686
Total number of posts: 3,342,413
Posts in the last 7 days: 49,178
Posts in the last 24 hours: 6,787
Top 5 users in the last 24 hours: amma(103) blueangel(97) alikat110(60) Jennifer22206(50) debcavan(44)

during the US school year - especially in winter - it isn't unusual for the 24-hour post count to be near or over 9,000
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by Rose_P
I'm just wondering if one of the moderators could give us some idea of how many posts are added in a day.

membership and post statistics are always listed on the home page.

it's 4:16am.
there are 139 people logged in.
Total number of users: 30,686
Total number of posts: 3,342,413
Posts in the last 7 days: 49,178
Posts in the last 24 hours: 6,787
Top 5 users in the last 24 hours: amma(103) blueangel(97) alikat110(60) Jennifer22206(50) debcavan(44)

during the US school year - especially in winter - it isn't unusual for the 24-hour post count to be near or over 9,000
Wow!! And through it all you manage to keep us organized and going in the right direction. Great job! I had no idea of counts like this.

Marysewfun
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM

Most people who quilt also make Bow Tucks (bags), table runners, potholders, tree skirts, and love to cook, too. I think we're all "nesters" and love to make a home a home. Many times I've clicked on a subject that I didn't think would interest me, only to find a great new recipe or pattern. In other words, I was pleasantly surprised. I am glad for the way people post things that they think are of interest to most. It makes it very interesting and I've learned a lot along the way.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM

I know I have already said my 2 cents worth, but I just gotta tell you again, I DO LOVE THIS BOARD! I retired in 2006, but when I was working, problems on the job and yes, sometimes people got on my nerves, I would come home and my hubby would fix me a little glass of wine to make me relax. Not anymore, most of the time things go smoothly for me now, but if one of those trying days do come my way, I just pull up my computer chair and log on here. Trust me, it is better than that little glass of wine.

Just reading your threads has made me laugh, cry, relax, educate me, and even brings the remember when days back again. I see your pictures, read your thoughts, feel your pain and feel your happiness. I feel like I know you and proud to have you as my friend. I wish we all could just meet one day. And to the lady that brought this thread up, I thank you and I understand where you are coming from too. Hugs!

To the moderators, thank you for a great well done job. Just want you to know we all appreciate you! :-D :thumbup:
Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 PM

I love the variety of topics and the information given. If a topic doesn't pique my interest, I skip it. Would definitely hate to see the various entries forced into one or two topics. It would be extremely limiting.