Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 >
  • Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

• Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Old 01-14-2019, 03:21 PM

Beautiful delicate AV. I love the varigated leaves too pretty even w/o any flowers.
    Originally Posted by Libster
    This is what I have blooming right now. I rooted it from a broken leaf that a friend gave me. No clue what it's name is. I just love the variegated leaves. Can you tell I'm bored, waiting for some pretties to play with!?
    Old 01-14-2019, 03:23 PM

Love your "odd blocks" so go crazy have fun! lol
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    My brain is churning. I know what I'm going to do with the fabric sent by Kassaundra, Jaba and Darcy's fabric already. You three may get one of my odd blocks. I always have trouble with the larger floral patterns. I can't bear to cut the flowers up!
    Old 01-14-2019, 03:26 PM

I've done both, focus fabric and background fabrics, and boomers have always rose to the challenge. The quilt I am working on now (brown and cream) I sent the background fabrics 1/2 got brown and 1/2 got cream.
    Originally Posted by Macybaby
    Wow - some really pretty fabric and quilts being shown!

I still have not decided on what fabric to send - been too busy playing with my embroidery machine this weekend.

I can't decide between going with a focus fabric, or something more basic and ask that it be used as "background".
    Old 01-14-2019, 05:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster
    This is what I have blooming right now. I rooted it from a broken leaf that a friend gave me. No clue what it's name is. I just love the variegated leaves. Can you tell I'm bored, waiting for some pretties to play with!?
    So beautiful, Libster! You must have an awesome green thumb... you grew that whole plant from a broken leaf??? How long did that take? The flower petals are perfectly ruffled.
    Old 01-14-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    So beautiful, Libster! You must have an awesome green thumb... you grew that whole plant from a broken leaf??? How long did that take? The flower petals are perfectly ruffled.
    It takes about 6 weeks to get at least 2 plants from a leaf stem. Split the stem from the cut end up toward the leaf end about 2 inches, dip in rooting powder and plant in some moist medium. Just keep it damp and you'll soon see little leaves growing from each leg of the split stem. Wait until there's at least 2 or 3 littles leaves and put into their own little ( and I do mean little) pot. They bloom best with pinched feet. I just love AVs because they bloom off and on all year long as long as you give them a little feeding once in a while.
    Old 01-14-2019, 06:34 PM

I'm so excited to share with all of you, I splurged today and bought myself a new machine! Both of my previous machines were hand-me downs from my mom. I spent all weekend researching and shopping around and today came home with my new Janome 8900. (I came really close to a Bernina 770, but just couldn't spend the money). I have it out of the box, threaded and even watched the DVD. I am shaking like a little kid on Christmas morning! Who knew there was such a thing as a built in thread cutter! I feel like I'm in a whole new world!

Thanks for listening... dh just wasn't anywhere as excited as I am!
    Old 01-14-2019, 06:36 PM

Congratulations Jayne! You are going to Love your new thread cutter!

Originally Posted by JayneW
    I'm so excited to share with all of you, I splurged today and bought myself a new machine! Both of my previous machines were hand-me downs from my mom. I spent all weekend researching and shopping around and today came home with my new Janome 8900. (I came really close to a Bernina 770, but just couldn't spend the money). I have it out of the box, threaded and even watched the DVD. I am shaking like a little kid on Christmas morning! Who knew there was such a thing as a built in thread cutter! I feel like I'm in a whole new world!

Old 01-14-2019, 07:00 PM

Christmas morning again for you! Congrats on your new baby! I know you're going to love her when you learn all she has to teach you.
    Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 PM

Congrats, and men are never as excited as they should be!!!! lol I love my thread cutter.
    Originally Posted by JayneW

Old 01-14-2019, 08:01 PM

Jayne, I'm so excited for you! You will love, love, love your new machine. I have the 8200 and it's a dream. Favorite thing is that auto thread cutter. Or maybe the wide throat.