Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 >

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Old 01-14-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Here is my top from boom 21 Dunes. I’m thinking I’ll do a 2 in black border then...I don’t know, seems like it could benefit from something else, what do you guys think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606708[/ATTACH]
WOW! That came out beautiful!
Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

Wow Libster... that's a lot of TLC for the violets. No wonder they love you! I gave up on trying to keep anything in a small pot alive. I either water too much and drown them, or forget to water and fry them. I've just never gotten the knack of keeping plants alive in little window pots... so will admire the photos of those of you who have the magic touch.

Jayne, so excited for you! Isn't it wonderful to get to sew on just what you want? It looks like a wonderful machine, with a wide throat for quilting. You will love that! You can fmq your own quilts. Both my domestic Juki and my longarm have the auto thread cutters. I couldn't live without them! Congrats! Show us what you make with it...
Old 01-14-2019, 09:07 PM

Thanks everyone for the love. I played for the last couple hours on my new machine, so much fun. I have so much to learn and its such a wonderful feeling.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:39 PM

That is really exciting. I have just stayed with one brand because I know how it works.

It must be so exciting to have something that is new and with all the latest features. My machines are older but still work so well.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:21 AM

JayneW, that’s grand news. You’ll have many years of enjoyment! Congratulations.

Libster, you have a green thumb with AVs. Do you have many?
Old 01-15-2019, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I am honored to inspire someone to try EPP or La Pass. You have a great start on yours. Good job on your Y seams. I don't do them for fun but don't think they are that horrible
I love English paper piecing, I have only made small projects, but I like the way you can work on them while traveling.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:18 AM

Congratulations on your new 8900 Jayne! It's so fun to have a new and improved toy to play with If we were wagering on who will complete their blocks 1st I would bet on you!
Old 01-15-2019, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
This is what I have blooming right now. I rooted it from a broken leaf that a friend gave me. No clue what it's name is. I just love the variegated leaves. Can you tell I'm bored, waiting for some pretties to play with!?
I admire anyone with a green thumb, I have an African violet that I have managed to keep alive but that is it. everything else dies. My sister can grow anything. She has the most amazing house plants. Beautiful flower, Libster.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
I'm so excited to share with all of you, I splurged today and bought myself a new machine! Both of my previous machines were hand-me downs from my mom. I spent all weekend researching and shopping around and today came home with my new Janome 8900. (I came really close to a Bernina 770, but just couldn't spend the money). I have it out of the box, threaded and even watched the DVD. I am shaking like a little kid on Christmas morning! Who knew there was such a thing as a built in thread cutter! I feel like I'm in a whole new world!

Thanks for listening... dh just wasn't anywhere as excited as I am!
Congrats on your new machine, I was that way a couple of years ago when I bought my new machine. Giddy as a child on Christmas morning.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 AM

Libster, your AV is gorgeous! And I'm envious of your green thrumb

My AV story - I had failed several times at keeping an AV plant alive then I decided to buy an AV planter pot where you water through the bottom section. The next AV that I grew stayed alive (in that same pot) for almost 20 years as I moved from California to Florida to Virginia! It was one of those important items that received special handling when the US Navy moved us from place to place