Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 >

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Old 01-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

It doesn't look like there is a lot of glitter on the fabric... plus you would only be getting a small piece. I'm willing to work with it.

Also, Zozee... you are only in one group. You could request Janice send you a piece of the Hawaii fabric and not the shoes/purses/purfume fabric.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 01-15-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:12 AM

I don't have a problem working with the glitter fabric. It will be a very special quilt block for me to make as it's going to a little girl at Shriners Hospital.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:27 AM

I’m good with the glitter fabric too. I have to sweep up threads, so a little glitter too won’t matter. We won’t be the ones washing the fabric so it getting on other fabrics isn’t a problem.

Both fabrics look like fun Have4boys. I have some ideas for the Hawaii fabric.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-15-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:32 AM

The glitter fabric is fine with me too. I won't be washing it, so that won't be a problem for any of us. We'll only be making blocks with it. It looks like perfect fabric for a young tween or teen young lady to make her feel better about herself.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:38 AM

QueenBarbieJ. I wouldn’t send extra F8s. This just makes more work for Janice. She already has an overwhelming amount of work. She doesn’t have time to check everyone’s F8. Check your own F8s and send the best ones in. Keep the extras for yourself. It will be fine.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:45 AM

Thanks mjp I will do that.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:46 AM

Maybe glittered is the wrong word... it is metallic. If no one wants to work with it, I can pick a different fabric. Just thought it would be great for the teen girl quilts as Shriner's said they do not often get quilts in patterns that are good for the older kids.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:58 AM

Hav, I do believe we've used glittered fabric before, and recently I believe. Maybe a Christmas fabric??? Anyway, I'm pretty sure since you will be pre-washing all the fabric that the glitter/metallic fabric should be ok as anything loose, if it's glittery, should come off in the wash. .
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Maybe glittered is the wrong word... it is metallic. If no one wants to work with it, I can pick a different fabric. Just thought it would be great for the teen girl quilts as Shriner's said they do not often get quilts in patterns that are good for the older kids.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:19 PM

Default F8s

Queenbarbiej, please send only the correct number of f8s, no extras please. Since you are in the 3 month group, you will need to send me 19 pieces of fabric. (I will be emailing you shortly.)

For everyone please - a moment of seriousness: I require no less than 10x18 pieces of fabric however I do not want to have to go through everyone's f8s to make sure that they are the right size. I might pull a couple for my own peace of mind, but I do rely on everyone to cut to the proper size. In the event that someone sends short f8s and I discover it, I will return them unswapped at your expense as I made clear in the sign-up post as part of my rules. I have not needed to do this yet but I will not hesitate. I'm not joking. It's not an arbitrary rule. We've had problems in the past with sizing. The pieces of fabric I received just kept getting smaller and smaller for several rounds and I had to put an end to it. All f8s must be 10x18 inches at a minimum, (an inch or two larger would be welcome but not required), prewashed with no selvages. Thank you all for following the rules.

Back to our regular - more pleasurable - commentary.
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Would it be a problem if I sent an extra 2 f8's just incase I didn't get some of my f8's cut right? Right now I have a total of 23 f8's washed, dried, cut and bagged.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:50 PM

Default Oh, my gosh, sorry so long!

Updated info:

2 month group: 12 confirmed

Cheesehead
Darcyshannon
Hav4boys
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Libster
Macybaby
Mona G
NanaKathy55
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
Zozee

3 month group: 20 confirmed
AnnieQuilts
Bibliostone
Cheesehead
Hav4boys
Jaba
Janice McC
JayneW
Kassaundra
Klaws
Libster
Lstew2212
Marcialee
MJPEncinitas
NanaKathy55
PamelaOry
Queenbarbiej
Terriamn
TheMerkleFamily
Travelinggramma
VikkiM

*Darcyshannon #1 on waitlist

I briefly mentioned the possibility of "rounding up" (formerly doubling-up) in the 2 month group. It's likely we won't have a full group of 20 however, those of you who wish to receive 19 completed blocks may send me 19 f8s and I will send the extras to the others in the group who wish to do the same thing. This is not a requirement. If you wish to make only one block for each person, you should send me one f8 for each of your co-members. That number will only be determined once sign-ups close. Please keep in mind that should a person drop out unexpectedly from this swap and not return the items she received, something that has happened once, everyone in that group will lose one block. In the event that that person has also opted to round up, it's possible you may forfeit two blocks. A couple of people have already said they will round up but I do want to remind you all of the possibility of another unexpected drop. While I was loathe to believe it would have happened once, I'm not foolish enough now to think it cannot happen again. So, before you commit to sending additional F8s, please be sure you are willing to take what I consider to be a small risk, but a risk nonetheless. Give it some thought and I'll check with all the 2 month group members before I post groups to see who wants to do what.

And, as always, if you spots a mistake in the group line-up, please let me know asap. Thanks!