Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

• April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Just finished dinner-salad and a Lean Cuisine. Really trying to not snack tonite; I'm going to follow the advice I got here my first time. I'm making up 100 calorie snack packs so I don't just grab the box and keep eating til it's empty.
    I also bumped up my calorie intake to about 1200/day. I should know better that to go below that--metabolism slows way down. Told you all I need a good kick in the ass!
    I hate to sound like a whiney baby but I hate veggies. The only way I eat them is with lots of cheese sauce. Can someone please suggest some tasty veggies? (I know, all we are saying is give peas a chance).
    Thanks everyone and happy losing.
    Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
    Just finished dinner-salad and a Lean Cuisine. Really trying to not snack tonite; I'm going to follow the advice I got here my first time. I'm making up 100 calorie snack packs so I don't just grab the box and keep eating til it's empty.
    I also bumped up my calorie intake to about 1200/day. I should know better that to go below that--metabolism slows way down. Told you all I need a good kick in the ass!
    I hate to sound like a whiney baby but I hate veggies. The only way I eat them is with lots of cheese sauce. Can someone please suggest some tasty veggies? (I know, all we are saying is give peas a chance).

first off turn around Leann has her boots on and she will have no problem kicking your ass! :shock: :shock: She's from Texas so those boots of hers have pointy toes......ouch!!!!

as for veggies what do you like minus cheeses sauce?

buy baby food jars of carrots and eat those. or add them to meatloaf or even tomatoe sauce. it will not change the taste of the sauce except it will make it a little sweeter.

could make spinach or broccoli lasagna. I LOVE soups and if you make cream of broccoli or cauliflower your getting veggies. I top my with cheddar cheese

When in dought drink a V8 :lol: :lol:
    Old 04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
    Banned

Veggie Recipes........

Grilled Romaine Lettuce

1 head romaine rinsed
    olive oil
    salt
    pepper
    garlic powder

Cut roamine in 1/2 leaving the core intact so the leaves are together. drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Put on cracking hot grill. Let grill about 2-3 minutes. Turn over grill other side. There should be chared marks.

Almost Creamed Onions

Large onions
    oil
    milk/cream
    salt
    pepper
    cut a small part of the top off and onion, DO NOT PEEL. place on foil that is large enough to cover the entire onion. Sprinkle top with salt,pepper and drizzle with a small amount of milk/cream. the drizzle with oil. wrap in foil and bake at 350 about 1/2 hour depending on size. Remove outer skin before eating.

Bean Salad
    1 can green beans drained
    1 can wax beans drained
    1 can kidney or navy beans rainsed and drained ( I don't use canned but this was easier to write)
    1 small onion chopped
    1/2 c chopped bell pepper
    1 tbsp sugar
    light italian salad dressing

Mix all together.

Almost Fried Tomaotes

firm tomatoes
    cooking spray
    1/4 c wheat germ
    1/8 tsp onion powder
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    salt
    pepper

CRANK UP OVEN. slice tomatoes. spray baking sheet with cooking spray. mix wheat germ and spices. dip tomatoes in wheat germ. place on baking sheet. spary top with cooking spray. bake until golden.

Veggie Kabobs

carrots cut in chunks
    onions cut in 1/4
    bell pepper chunks
    any kind of cherry tomaotes
    any kind of squash chunks
    eggplant chunks
    creamy Italian salad dressing

par boil carrots, onions and bell pepper. Put all the veggies on a skewer. Lay on a baking dish and drizzle with dressing. Let sit a few hours or over night. Grill or put under broiler for about 15 minutes turning once.

Spinach Pesto

1 bag fresh spinach
    2 cloves garlic
    1 tsp parsley
    salt
    pepper
    1/4 c peanut butter
    about 3 tbsp water
    1 tbsp olive oil

Put everything in a blender. Blend until thick and smooth. If it is too thick add water a tbsp at a time. Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
    Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    Trupeach, is that all you're going to tell us? That's cruel.
    He came in the house, I was laying on the couch and he had his way with me!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

HOW WAS THAT? Enough drama for you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    It's about damn time!
    Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Sandy, I wish I could offer something, anything helpful. I know you are much worse than I am and I have mobility issues. You are so right to keep your portions under control. Can you do any kind of floor work like leg lifts, etc? I have been looking for a way to work my lower body that did not involve squats nor lunges. Hey, it is even hard to do pushups without using your legs.

Does ice or heat help at all? Take care sweetie, I'm thinking of you.

Ladies, ladies ladies I write this every month do pilates..........the equiptment is cheap and it does wonder. No matter how disabled a person is there is no excuse to not exercise and the best exercise for the disabled is pilates!!!!!!!!!
    And I have ignored you both months because I do not like pilates. She was so boring. But, I did pick up a dvd at the library and will give it a chance.
    Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    I've been doing upper body exercises, that I can do sitting in a chair. I've also been doing exercises I was doing in PT. Lynne, I cannot get down on the floor. Not right now with my knee. Even if I got down there, I wouldn't be able to get back up. (help...i've fallen and cant' get up). I'm moving, and thats what counts. After surgery and my healing is in progress, I will be able to do more and more. Sandy
    Yes ma'am, I hear every word. I am gonna try Pilates and will let you know. How are your portions today?
    Old 04-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Duvet
    How do you get that 17 day diet. I have to lose before 4/23/2011 so I need all the help I can get from anyone, in any manner that will work. The 17 day diet might help to lose more, faster. Can you let me know where to get it, please?
    Duvet
    I see that Amazon and Borders.com have it. I haven't seen it locally, but I do have it requested from my library. Lets see, they ordered one copy, I am 39th in line, my turn will happen late next year. Maybe they will order extra copies.
    Old 04-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Amazon has it for $2.99 as a download. Just download their free Kindle for laptops, and pay $3 for it to go on your computer.
    Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by janRN

first off turn around Leann has her boots on and she will have no problem kicking your ass! :shock: :shock: She's from Texas so those boots of hers have pointy toes......ouch!!!!

as for veggies what do you like minus cheeses sauce?

buy baby food jars of carrots and eat those. or add them to meatloaf or even tomatoe sauce. it will not change the taste of the sauce except it will make it a little sweeter.

could make spinach or broccoli lasagna. I LOVE soups and if you make cream of broccoli or cauliflower your getting veggies. I top my with cheddar cheese

When in dought drink a V8 :lol: :lol:
    WooHoo another workout today. Get your booty over here Jan! Hope I don't scuff my boots. And yes, I am Texas born and Texas raised. And Lord do I sound like it!

I agree - V8 is a great way to do veggies. A way I sneak them to my kids is puree them into spaghetti sauce, meatballs, sloppy joes, etc.

Had planned an elliptical workout, but did 20 minutes of Gilad instead. It always takes me a while to work through the pain in my legs. Today is my last day of caffeine....been putting it off because of the headache that I know comes with it. Will definitely miss my Dr Pepper.

Tomorrows workout is the Pilates dvd I checked out from the library.

Time for a pain pill.....
    Old 04-04-2011, 04:26 PM

I don't have a kindle but ordered the book from Amazon for $13.99.