Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 01-28-2010, 05:27 PM

That is so beautiful, I love the stars so unique and colorful, the center piece is so nice and woodese, I love that kind of thing. If you don't want to keep it I would love to accept it as a gift, LOLOL!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by POosterman
I have a UFO I just finished. It was started in 1998. The center was all I had done. I found it up in the garage in a giant box of stash that I had put up there long ago.
That is just stunning! :-D
Old 01-29-2010, 06:19 PM

I'd like to have some oooh's and ahhhhhs because I finished a UFO, a quilt for my 5 year old grandson. But I can't because I don't have a digital camera. WAAAAH! I am happy to have finished it, and I'm on to another to finish. I am also going to get a camera and learn how to post pictures.YEAH!!
Diana
Old 01-29-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
I'd like to have some oooh's and ahhhhhs because I finished a UFO, a quilt for my 5 year old grandson. But I can't because I don't have a digital camera. WAAAAH! I am happy to have finished it, and I'm on to another to finish. I am also going to get a camera and learn how to post pictures.YEAH!!
Diana
Well here is a big OHH and AHH just for finishing!!! Love kids quilts, so much fun!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:58 PM

thank you soooo much!! I'm enjoying this challenge. Usually in October I start finishing UFO's and that is all I do until Jan 1 and then I get to start another. I'm really a "topper", not a finisher. But I like this! I may finish a lot of them in a short time..........wouldn't that be awesome!!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 PM

You're welcome. I am really bad about finishing, great at starting, but then I get distracted I get by the colors and patterns, the ohhs and ahhs of discovery, LOL! One of the reasons I joined this challenge to get some of my many projects done, so what do I do? I take on a knitting project for a friends daughter and I'm just about to move out of my apt to a house with my oldest son in a month or so. Yikes! busy time!!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 PM

I hope I never have to move in with my kids. We're having a family meeting next week to make some plans/decisions about my mother, and where she might live. She had hip replacement surgery and we lost part of her. Hopefully, she'll get it back, but it isn't looking real good. My oldest dau is an RN and works with seniors, and she says sometimes they never come back. We'll just have to wait and see, and have a plan A and plan B, and maybe a plan C. She seemed really good today and yesterday, so maybe..............who knows.
YTQ
Old 01-29-2010, 08:14 PM

I dread that sort of thing happening to me, but at least I know my kids, both are sons, will take care of me. Hope she gets better soon. Maybe having so much family around will help.
We're all moving together and then six months or so my son and his roommate (like another son to me) are going to find another place of their own. I live in an apartment building and it's horrible, I can't wait to get out of here and he's helping me do that. Bless his heart he is so good to me, and my youngest son is great too, helps where he can. Family is good, most days, LOL
Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 PM

I hope it works out well for you. It's very distressful to have to make some decisions in life, but someone has to do it. Thanks for the listening ear.
YTQ
Old 01-30-2010, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
Diana
here's one anyway
OOOOOH, AHHH great job on finishing :)