Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilt related gift would you ask Santa for? >

What quilt related gift would you ask Santa for?

What quilt related gift would you ask Santa for?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:47 AM

Believe it or not I have everything I need or want. I asked for a serger book. Can't think of another thing. Have a large and small janome sewing machine plus my featherweight. Don't want a long arm or Accucutter. Just got a sewing cabinet that I love. I'm content.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by trif View Post
I would ask for the Accuquilt Go, I won't be getting one. Even on sale it's a bit too much right now. Of course since its just a dream, I should just ask for the studio cutter and a place to keep it. It's always fun to wish.
My wish as well...I have a place to keep it just don't have anyone who will supply it. Oh well! I love wishes..they are all good even if they don't come true!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 AM

I am simply asking for new sewing scissors (Ginghers left-handed) and a book by Anita Grossman Solomon. I have everthing else I need. Not interested in long arms or cutting systems or new rooms or more machines.

However, that maid thing would be great and so would more time.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:40 AM

I would love to have a portable quilt display rack and a pool table removed from my sewing room.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 AM

Well this year I don't have a list due to unexpected life changes but I know that my daughter who has little money will insist on me giving her ideas for a present. She gets really upset when I tell her the traditional "don't worry about me" that really sets her off. I'm going to tell her (since she will demand an idea) to do a gift card for one LQS that I go to for embroidery thread. I've just started embroidering with my new Ruby and it's hard to imagine how much I've spent on thread so far. I just made a navtivity sceen for her and it took so many colors which some I switched out for something close to avoid buying more. I did the free standing lace with the serger thread that is over 10yrs old, it is still strong and the lace holds up better than the rayon for it. I like the look of the rayon on things so I'll keep on stocking up on it. If I can afford (barely) for the Ruby then I should spend the money on the rayon and save it in other areas where I can. It's so much fun to do. Now I'm starting a tree skirt for my daughter and it has the Christmas train embroidered around on it and I'll put thier names on it as well. I figure if I don't make a list I won't be disappointed when I don't get something. If I could have anything it would be to get my daugher's stash built up to give her encouragement to work on her quilting; she needs a stash and a sewing room since she has 2 small kids. I love the holidays.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:34 PM

I need a lot, but would settle for some batik fabric, thread, sewing machine with large harp area would be nice.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM

A long arm and a ton of batiks, LOL.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

A studio to put all the stuff I already have into that would be more usable than my tiny 8' x 10' room!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM

Dear Santa, I have been almost good this year and I promise to try harder next year. I would like a design program (EQ 7). If we are really only wishing I would like a longer studio and the maid to be able to spend more time quilting. But I will settle for anything quilting.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM

i need a new container of wax or thread witchery. is that what it is called? mine is almost alllllll used up. i'm scrapping the bottom of the container.