Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • A Three Year Old Tells ALL!!!! >
  • A Three Year Old Tells ALL!!!!

• A Three Year Old Tells ALL!!!!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks for sharing! I live in Portage and if had heard this I would have thought what a great mom. My sister in law who lives in Grand Rapids tells the story of how her 5 year old never mentioned her pregnancy until they were in the check out line at the D&W. For awhile he would ask ?s. Most of them based on the upcoming birth. She simply told him the doector would help her. That would satisfy him and the rest of the shopping trip would be uneventful until the day when that question just was not enough. He then said, "HOW?" All of the shoppers and clerks nearby stopped what they were doing and waited for her reply? This is the same child that was very happy to ride in my VW Rabbit because he could see out the front window from the front passenger seat (this was before the new rules). I always wore Dr. Scholl's wooden sandals in the summer and I always had to kick off my left sandal to operate the clutch. That made him very curious and I explained it was so I could operate the clutch. At church the following Sunday he told how his Aunt Mina had crotch problems. I found this out because several of those who heard this story worked with me at Butterworth and the next day delighted in asking about my "crotch problem." LOL
    Old 01-01-2012, 03:21 PM

I just read this story out loud to my DH. We were both in tears of laughter by the end, I had a hard time speaking. Kids do say the darndest things! Kudos to you for handling it the way you did, he's only repaying you the praise you have given him.
    Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Our first grandson was like that if you took him some where every one wanted to hear him talk

Last edited by carhop; 01-01-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Our funny bathroom story...my husband was at a business meeting in a fancy hotel. He invited me to come for the day and I had to bring along our 3 year old son. At one point I was in the ladies room chatting with one of my husband's female coworkers. She has no children and didn't understand that you can't just close a stall door in the face of a talkative 3 year old.....he just CRAWLED UNDER THE DOOR into the stall to be with her and finish his little story!!! She was horrified and mortified! Needless to say it was a devil of a job for me to try to extricate him from a closed stall! That was nearly 25 years ago, and the poor woman has never had children since!
    Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 AM
    Power Poster

My son - then 2 1/2 was still potty training. He loved big words. He had spent time with grandma. Grandma taught him to use the big boy word when he went to the bathroom - ok - 'bowel movement' So we were sitting in the living room and he was in the half bath with the door open - he was a big boy so he wanted to go alone... ok... Well, we heard BABOOM!!! some grunting and BABOOM!!! and more grunting and BABOOM!!!! so when he came out I inocently asked him what he was doing in there and he proudly said, "I was making some BOMB MOVEMENTS!!!"
    Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 AM

I just love reading all your stories. Don't know how many remember the TV show with I think, Art Linkletter, that Kids Say the darndest Things"!!!!!
    Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 AM

This was great, all the stories brought back so many memories and now i have grandkids who say the darndest things. I to remember the Art Linkletter show, i loved it.
    Thanks again for sharing
    Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM

Enjoy it,
    he will be a teen soon enough and
    not even recognize you are his parent.
    J J
    Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Ya gotta love those "Art Linkletter" moments--
    Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 AM

As Art Linklater would say "Kids say the darnest things". lol Thank you for sharing.