Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sewing machine for quilting on unlimited budget >
  • Sewing machine for quilting on unlimited budget

• Sewing machine for quilting on unlimited budget

Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Now, if money were no object, I would build a 5000 sf warehouse to house all of my current machines and buy a sweet new Bernina. I'd also have shelves for all my books and fabrics, large tables for everything, and I'd pick up a few vintage machines that I do not have in my collection.
    Old 08-12-2012, 06:20 AM

I'm with Candace--if it is quilting you want to do, go longarm! Regardless of throat space, you are still twisting, turning and fighting that quilt! For the $13,000 the Bernina costs, you can have a very nice Innova. The largest one is great but you do have to have the Auto Pilot (computer design) on it because you cannot reach 36". If the 'quilting' you are wanting to do is piecing, then only you can try them out and decide. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Candace
    I'd get a longarm and skip a new sewing machine. I'd get the largest Innova.
    Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 AM

Last week end I went to a small quilt show in Raymond, WA. They had a vendor there with the Handi quilter sweet sixteen. I sat down and enjoyed free motion quilting on it the table was the perfect height and you could set the speed, they have a stitch regulator but I just enjoyed stitching. I would love to add one to my collection of machines. Right now my 1222 Pfaff and Baby lock Imagine are in the shop for cleaning and repairs. I so miss them. I am left to struggle on with a 7570 Pfaff and a 301 Singer. Not to mention the treadles (2) and Converted hand cranks (3) and One original hand crank a Jones.
    Old 08-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Babylock Ellisimo sewing and embroidery with stadium lighting, automatic threading, camera built in for embroidery placement, etc., etc., etc.....wonderful machine. Plus.....it just looks gorgeous. This is the same machine Nancy Ziemen uses on her Sewing with Nancy show (with the gold top).
    Old 08-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
    Now, if money were no object, I would build a 5000 sf warehouse to house all of my current machines and buy a sweet new Bernina. I'd also have shelves for all my books and fabrics, large tables for everything, and I'd pick up a few vintage machines that I do not have in my collection.
    I like the way you think !!!!
    Old 08-12-2012, 09:48 AM

The Bernina 820!! For sure!! I have it and I wouldn't trade it for any other. It is a wonderful machine. I have owned 5 berninas and several other brands and Bernina beats them all hands down! The space it has for quilting is unbelievable! I think it is the largest of all the machines. I read an artical I think McCalls quilting magazine that compared alot of the new machines and it has the largest space. Good luck getting your dream machine. Fortunatly I have a husband that is one in a million, who recognizes my quilting obsession as a good thing and he spoiles me with al my dreams!!
    Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 AM

I have the Bernina 820 and I love it. I also have a Bernina 707, a Bernina 165e, and a Janome 6600p, The 820 is the one used the most. You can't beat the quality of Bernina.
    Old 08-12-2012, 10:05 AM
    Power Poster

i would get tajim embroieryachine
    prob. The neo 15needle for colors,
    Has a coor meory of99 colors
    nda speed of 2000stitches per minute
    eb field approx 30 x 36
    Old 08-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
    I was thinking along the line of this, but instead of warehouse, huge quilt shop! Lots of machines, lots of fabric & notions, library of books & patterns, lots of work space for like-minded people to share. Sweet!
    Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 AM

I have the Janome Horizon (7700) and love it! If money was no object and I "had" to buy another machine, I'd probably get an embroidery machine (no specific model) . . . but I'd keep my Janome!!!