Do you spoil your dogs ?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:00 AM

We have a shih tzu ,named Abbey. Talk about spoiled. Our two daughters who are both married say we treat her better than we treated them. Jealous I'd say LOL My husband bought the dog for me for a Christmas present four years ago. He said she was my responsibility. Well he loves that dog so much that when I said to him, Will you pay for my haircut $15 he said no . I said why do you pay for Abbey's hair cut it is $30 . You know what he told me? The dog doesn't have a budget.LOL I really don't know what I would do without her.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:26 AM

Sure do. Petey gets a bie of everything I eat,lol
Old 03-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Absolutely. We got Lizzie from the Humane Society 14 years ago. She's a Collie mix, so a rather large dog. We know that we probably won't have her for much longer and it will be like losing one of our children.

I have always said <and I hope no one is offended by this> that dogs are the closest thing to Jesus on this earth -- completely unconditional love.

Janet
Old 03-27-2010, 09:26 AM

Yes. when we had our bunch, Shih Tzu and Pekingese mix of cold noses, thanks to our Shih Tzu, Axel Rose and our Pek, Paddi. All together we had 8 little dogs and trips to the vet insured no more puppies. They all got old, living to 15, 17, and Axel Rose outlived Paddi all his sons and daughter, Muffin. For about 3 years there, we did a lot of crying as they took turns leaving us. Then we were without a dog last year. House sure seems empty. Our son got us a Pekingese puppy for our December birthdays, 2nd & 3rd. Now we have Katy and she is just as spoiled as the cold noses that used to live here. She has Annie the cat for furry company.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Rosalia, I think I would like your husband. Mine has the same attidude toward our Lily. I bought mine as a retirement gift to myself, but we both love her to pieces.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:07 PM

My husband and I rescue Italian Greyhounds. And boy, are they all spoiled. We have 4 iggies, a mini-doxie that thinks she is an iggy and right now, 5 foster Italian greyhounds. That is 10 dogs, which is not very sane. They eat very well. Five of them sleep with us, under the quilt. they have their own quilts and beds and sofas in the den.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:55 PM

i most certianly spoil my babbies tony and muffin tony has been with me for five years muffin is one year tony saved my life two times once when someone was tring to break into the treck when i was sleeping the secon time i had food poisning doc said if it wasn't for tony i would have died beacuse i had to talk him for walks tonye was attacked buy a pit bull andi saved his life his life saving surgery was 2,700 dollars he is well work it i don;t drive treuck any more but he and muffin get l;eft overs i think i make extra just for them at 6pm i ask them if they were good all day they start wagging there tails and barking tellingme how good they were they get three treats each i also have a good supplie of raw hide bones arround they can have them when ever they want they get a lot of love and they sleep with me if muffin took i willhave little tony andmuffins running arround about may 17 i am lookinforward to that
Old 03-27-2010, 04:35 PM

OMG--SPOILED is definitely an understatement when it comes to my crew.
1. We can't say the words go, out, car, truck, cup, or ready. Now we spell them, but the babies all know how to spell too!
2. I've cooked food over 15 years for one or more of my babies.
3. They all sleep with us.
4. They go for rides in our "baby mobile" (Dodge truck with a bench seat which we got especially for them) several times a week.
5. They can read our minds. I'm convinced. Because they all know when we're going out even before I do. Then each of them talks, jumps and woo-woo's that they want to go with us. How can you resist this?
6. It's Groundhog Day at my house every day. I get woken up by EllaBud because she wants kisses and loving. That takes at least 30 minutes. Then Schmo wants to give me kisses. Following up is Bentley who gives me even more kissies.

They are all my kidlettes and I love them so much in return. They are a HUGE, wonderful part of my life. I'm always smiling or laughing around them. They are truly angels on earth.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 PM

HAHAHA...DO WE!???!

My husband makes up little stories about our dogs...especially the mutt. DH calls him the King of Beasts, b/c he kills all the wild animals in the yard and wants to kill the domestic ones outside!

DH also says he's the next Spuds Mackenzie and is all about the three B's. B******, Booz and Bunnies!

DH says that the Golden is the princess or the queen. We call her baby girl.

DH is very free with the treats, mommy not so much. Their bellies are like clock work, they now when the lunch and dinner times roll around and if breakfast is running late on the weekends due to sleeping in they get whinny about it, lol.

They even dance for their food or for walks. They jump up and down.

I better stop b/c I can go on for days about our babies....SPOILED ROTTEN BABIES!

Kyia
Old 03-27-2010, 05:21 PM

Ellabud, We spell W.A.L.K. b/c they hear walk and think it's time to go!

When I talk to my DM on the phone I even spell it to her when I say that we took them for a W.A.L.K. She asks what we are going to do when they learn to spell? LMBO

Kyia