Had a car accident today

Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM

What happened? California Commute Traffic and a sudden stop is what happened.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM

Pam, please go to the Doctor.....you could have neck injuries that don't show up at first....and it all started with a headache.
A couple days after my accident I couldn't even hold up m y head. I had bulging discs in my upper spine and pain for a couple of years...
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Yeesh. That kind of thing happened daily when I worked in Boston.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your accident Pam. Please go get checked out, especially if you keep hurting. Sometimes it takes injuries a few days to show up.
That kind of thing happens on these California Freeways all the time! Too many cars, too many impatient people!!
Glad that you wern't seriously hurt or anything!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:52 PM

I'm glad you weren't injured more seriously. The person who hit you will feel the brunt of this financially as she'll be found at fault for the accident by the insurance companies. She'll feel it in her pocket book for years. I hope your car is back on the road soon! Ouch. I live south of Sacramento so can relate to your rush hour traffic woes!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

OMG, I am so glad you are ok!! Sorry about your SUV.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad you are home and not in the hospital. That is why I drive what I call a real car, a Cadillac. The trunk space will hold a Honda (and it comes with a REAL spare tire) LOL. As others have said don't sign any release too soon. Whiplash damage shows up long after the accident is forgotten.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'm glad you are home and not in the hospital. That is why I drive what I call a real car, a Cadillac. The trunk space will hold a Honda (and it comes with a REAL spare tire) LOL. As others have said don't sign any release too soon. Whiplash damage shows up long after the accident is forgotten.
I had to comment on this. We have (had, son now has) a 1989 Suburban, about 6 mos after we got it we got rear ended by someone in a toyota, we were all in the car, the kids were 6 mos, 2 years, 5 and 7. The toyota ended up a good 13" shorter than it started, was totalled, we had a dent in the bumber, which insurance replaced as it was a brand new car.
Made us very happy with our choice. Got rear ended again about 12 years after that, the vehicle that hit us had a lovely indent from the frame of our trailer hitch, about 8 in indent, we had scratches on the bumper and hitch frame.
I felt safe in that vehicle!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:56 PM

Egads- what a day you've had. Please go see a doctor soon. Some strong words of advice (speaking as a person who managed docs offices for years)- DO NOT SIGN OFF ON YOUR MEDICAL INJURIES FOR A WHILE- some injuries take weeks or months to appear. The insurance companies will bug you to sign off on the financial settlement as they know this. Meantime, you develop neck or back pain and it ends up costing you much more than you received in the settlement. Often times, it isn't the speed of the impact, it's the way the cars impact. Take care of you.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 PM

I am glad to hear you are alive. But please watch out for any signs of numbness, especially in your arms. This is a sign of cervical spine injuries.