Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What should I do? >
  • What should I do?

• What should I do?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 PM
    Power Poster

You need to file a complain and let pay pal take care of it. If nothing else you need your original machine back and your money refunded.
    Old 10-30-2010, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by oatw13
    Please, file the complaint before too much time goes by.

You only have the word of an email from his "son" that he has been ill. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. Maybe he fell on hard times himself or damaged your machine or didn't have one to send you. You don't really know. I hope he is okay, but with online transactions, you need to protect yourself first. Especially if no one will return a phone call or email.
    Maybe he was just a dishonest person trying to cheat you out of a good machine and into a bad one. That is why I won't do business that way. I want to meet the repairperson and know he is honest. I don't trust e-bay or any of those website places.
    Old 10-30-2010, 03:37 AM

I have had to file complaints with Ebay before and they are so great about taking care of the problem.They will help you.
    Old 10-30-2010, 03:50 AM

definately file a complaint with ebay also. you should be protected.
    Old 10-30-2010, 04:05 AM

File a complaint, maybe explain that it isn't because of his work as he had a heart issue, but the person returning your machine evidently didn't realize it had not been fixed. That should not black ball him as most understand he was not the one who returned your machine. If he survived the heart problem, he will probably want to make it right when he is well.
    Old 10-30-2010, 04:13 AM

For $135 for heavens sake file a complaint. Circumstances happen. His son probably didn't know anything about arrangements or expectations, plus being worried about his dad. Maybe his son doesn't know one sewing machine from another. Pay pay and E-bay are usually most helpful in cases like this. But you have to speak up. I believe there are time limits.
    Old 10-30-2010, 04:22 AM

Roberta ...

Hope all works out well with this issue. I would also file a complaint.

Hugs
    Old 10-30-2010, 04:38 AM

Check to see if this was covered by EBay policy.
    Old 10-30-2010, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
    I bought a Singer model 99 sewing machine in a cabinet that I loved at a local antique store. Since it needed work, I sent it to a person on EBay that sold me my Featherweight. He told me he was going to exchange my machine for one that was already refurbished if I didn't mind. As long as it was the same machine I had no problem with that. Now to get to the problem and my need for advice. The machine didn't arrive when he said it would. After waiting a few days we contacted him via EBay since he has a "store" on there. A few days later I received an email from his son saying he had major heart surgery but his son would send out my machine. Ok thus far :wink:

When the machine arrived it doesn't work. The wires going into the machine are bare, one isn't even attached to the machine, etc. I paid him $135 to refurbish this machine plus shipping and I got back a machine that can't be used. I paid through my PayPal account but this was a month or so ago since I was waiting for him to respond to my numerous phone calls and emails.

I feel guilty compaining to PayPal about this transaction since I know he has been ill and may not even be with us but I also can't afford to throw away $135 on a machine that doesn't work.

My question, sorry this was so long, what would you do.
    contact P/P right away....don't settle, demand your machine back plus all shipping costs...its not the guys fault but the son didn't do him any favors ruining his reputation...gee whiz..don't settle.
    Old 10-30-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
    I bought a Singer model 99 sewing machine in a cabinet that I loved at a local antique store. Since it needed work, I sent it to a person on EBay that sold me my Featherweight. He told me he was going to exchange my machine for one that was already refurbished if I didn't mind. As long as it was the same machine I had no problem with that. Now to get to the problem and my need for advice. The machine didn't arrive when he said it would. After waiting a few days we contacted him via EBay since he has a "store" on there. A few days later I received an email from his son saying he had major heart surgery but his son would send out my machine. Ok thus far :wink:

When the machine arrived it doesn't work. The wires going into the machine are bare, one isn't even attached to the machine, etc. I paid him $135 to refurbish this machine plus shipping and I got back a machine that can't be used. I paid through my PayPal account but this was a month or so ago since I was waiting for him to respond to my numerous phone calls and emails.

I feel guilty compaining to PayPal about this transaction since I know he has been ill and may not even be with us but I also can't afford to throw away $135 on a machine that doesn't work.

My question, sorry this was so long, what would you do.
    I would question in my mind whether he even had the health problem or not, but that's just me. I would definitely contact both him, Ebay and Paypal and file a complaint.