Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers >

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Old 01-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten
love the name Lucky Rowers.

Does anyone mind if I change my theme to Christmas? I would love another Christmas quilt. Any blocks just use Christmas fabrics. Thanks G/K Kathi
Gramakitten - That sounds great, as I love Christmas Fabrics! I agree... now I don't have to hurry up and put them away now, LOL. Plus - you've given me an excuse to tell my husband that I need to get more of that fabric since I went through a big chunk of my stash over this past XMAS making stockings. Oh the sales that are calling me! ;) Hehe bonus! :-D

eBellot - Some really neat suggestions! As for work... doesn't your HR manual allow you to take a Quilters Holiday... I mean they should afford you at least (5) of those per year, LOL. Work all day - quilt all night, LOL. Hopefully they don't work you too hard.

Pamelajean - I like the "Rockin Rowers" idea as well... I'll add that to the voting list as well.

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM

Ladies, I've been sitting today since my last post earlier on here planning my row and the overall look and feel of my quilt. As a result of that contemplation, I do have one small request of everyone if it's at all possible...

At this juncture I believe that in my design there will be (at least in my section) a usage of a small bit of photo fabric material (the kind you print on from your inkjet printer). In my experience having used this prior - it does shrink a bit when washed but also varies depending on what brand is used (and I'm presently going to be using new stock that I've not worked with prior). As a result of the same, I'm not going to use prewashed fabrics during the construction of my blocks, as I would rather when washing my particular quilt top for the first time have my top uniformly shrink all over (which gives a particular look) once the top has been completed by everyone.

Given those thoughts, if it is possible on your end when working from your stash etc - I would then ask that you'd please do not prewash the fabric when designing your row however your creativity takes you on my quilt top.

If you are a quilter who always purchases fabric and immediately washes fabric before officially adding it to your stash - you need not purchase new fabric to accommodate my request, please, please use what you have! :) I just figured that if I express my preference now during the planning stage - that if you haven't yet washed the fabric you intend on using, or in the alternative haven't yet obtained the necessary fabric for your part of the top's design, then you'd know you didn't need to wash it.

As for everyone else tops - I will prewash my fabrics for use unless any of you chooses to request a preference as I have to the contrary (that fabrics not be washed).

Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 AM

I never prewash my fabrics. Only if I test a red or green. So it will not be a problem to me.

I also like rockin rowers.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:00 PM

I have no prpblem not washing the fabric for your block
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 AM

I am a bring it home and wash it girl!
However, I don't have a huge stash, so chances are I will have to purchase fabric for some of these rows, and I will not prewash the fabric for yours!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Hello everyone, just wanted to provide a quickie update while I had a quick break from getting ready for an important event tommorrow...

I just recieved a PM from Skeet today, so she has checked in with me and is accounted for in our group. I have responded to her and encouraged her to publicly post to our thread so as to engage and virtually meet the rest of the group... so I look forward to everyone else getting to meet her shortly.

Skeet is also a newbie quilter in our group, so I encouraged her to not be shy and ask all the questions that she needs too, as this is also her first Row Robin. As I'm sure she'll be saying hello soon, let's all give her a warm welcome!

As for updates on my row, I won't be working on it again until the weekend due to travel tommorrow. Last night however, I spent time cutting out fabric for my rows first block and doing a dry run on my design board. I'm letting it sit there a few days until I return as I really like it, but I think i'll need to change at least one of the fabrics surrounding the center piece of my block to make it "pop" a little more - as right now I think its getting lost into everything else and doesn't have as much definition as I'd anticipated/would like.

Oh well, that's the process, LOL. I'm so glad I made myself a design board. It's alot easier to visualize than staring down at my green self healing cutting mat...

That's all for now, see you guys in a few days!

Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Hi everyone,sorry that I haven't got in touch with you all. Been kind of down since xmas. I've read what everyones themes are.Have washed all my fabric already and started placing everyones blocks out. I'am almost done with mine.Do we have to wait until the date to send it out?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Just a quick note ladies: I haven't forgotten about anyone... right now Comcast is having a major outage with a node in my area and I have zero internet access. Right now I'm in a starbucks checking things out, but have to hurry home to get dinner ready just picked up the husband from work. I probably won't be back on until mid next week - so please don't be mad if I've not checked in for awhile or take awhile to respond to PM's :)... hopefully this BS will be done and over with soon and I will check in from elsewhere as often as I can this week. I hate CRAPCAST!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 PM

I like the rockin rovers. I'am working on my blocks,got two done . Been working for colors for everyones.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 AM

I want to post my block but I do not know how can some one help me?