Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever get that feeling----- >

Do you ever get that feeling-----

Do you ever get that feeling-----

Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 AM

Clean your machine, sort your fabrics, organize your quilt books alphabetically, all things you can do while waiting for you arm to heal and you don't do while you have a project in progress. Read up on techniques and you will be educating yourself.

Carol J.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:56 AM

Sure wish I lived close to you,I would cut for you. I usually cut several quilts at one time. Some days I want to cut instead of sew. I think I have 4 cut out and in project bags.I am setting 2 together today , starting to rather,wont finish both Im sure. lol.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 AM

So sorry about your arm! I think I'd have to have a "friend" help me out and cut more fabric for me to start another quilt. I'd definitely have withdrawals if I couldn't have another project ready for me!!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Hope your arm gets well soon. I am going to have carpal tunnel surgery and dread when I can't use my rotary cutter and other sewing things.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by tealady
the one where you finish a top and feel sad that you are through? Normally I would just begin another one but I can't because I cannot do any cutting. I broke my arm back around Thanksgiving and can't put pressure on it to use my rotary cutter. Oh, how I look forward to having my arm back to its usual ability.
Oh how I empathize with you. Two yrs ago I broke my shoulder as I was just short of finishing hand quilting a large quilt that had taken me two yrs to applique. So for 3 months I sure got a lot of reading done.LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I also like the idea of a kit.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 AM

When I broke my arm, just before the vacation I was to sew, sew, to finish an important project, I had Mom come over and do the cutting. With a cast on my right arm, I was able to maneuver the fabric where it needed to go -- if you can find an accurate cutter, you are good to go.
I should mention the project was my DD's Champion Irish Dancing Dress with heavy embroidery and machine applique. Not quite a quilt, but the cutting was the thing.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Know how you feel. I broke my leg and wrist Oct. 20th. It has been hard to cut, but I can for a very short time. I still can't put any weight on my leg so all my cutting is done sitting down.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:34 PM

God Bless you, and speed you on your recovery.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Gal

Yes I have felt a little sad at the completion of my larger hand quilted ones as I have put so much of myself into them I guess. But I also miss that daily part of sitting quietly in my chair with my hoop and putting in a few quiet stiches, it is a quiet time I look forward to daily, mostly in the early evening, thats the part I miss, until I get the next quilt top ready for hand quilting.
Here's to a speedy recovery!

Gal