Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Abby I just called you and left a message.
I enjoyed talking to you!
Do you think talking counts as working out. I wonder how many calories yappen my gums burned hmmm gonna go look that up lolol
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Originally Posted by Yvette48
My DH loves me for who I am,but I feel sad,because he never saw the real me at 120 lbs.
Yvette, your weight shouldn't hide the inner you.

I used to be very ashamed of the way I looked. I wouldn't participate in group activities at work, I'd cover my body as much as possible (even in 100-degree weather), I wasn't friendly with people, I just felt that I wasn't worth much because of my weight. But I slowly started to realize that my weight was simply a number on the scale. I'm over 300 lbs and you know what? No one was shocked when I wore a tank top and showed my arm fat. When I started participating in group activities, I found that people were welcoming. I started to allow the inner me out. I think doing so allowed me to be open enough to the universe to bring my husband and other blessings into my life.

The skinny you isn't the REAL you, it's just a skinnier version of who you are right now. *hugs* I just wanted to share that with you.
Christina, good for you! You are a brave lady and an inspiration! I haven't shown my arms in over 20 years - I don't do sleeveless or even short sleeves. When I shop, I don't even bother to look at the sleeveless tops. Even in the warmest weather I wear a 3/4 sleeve shirt. I am so self-conscious of my flabby and flappy upper arms. Even when I weighed much less I still had huge upper arms. I wish I could take a page out of your book.
I shop for cloths that cover me properly. Its not about what other people see its what I see in the mirror. I can't stand to see my muffin top (one of those lopsided ones hehe) or red splotchy arms that never fit into shirts that fit the rest of my body. While I don't do the 3/4 sleeved shirts I do do a normal sleeve most of the time, but I am getting more comfortable with my body.
I must admit though, when I was at 110-120 I still didn't like my body. it isn't until the last few months that I have started to get more comfortable with how I look.
Yvette, I know how you feel. my dh never really knew me at my thinest, but I don't ever want to get back on that psycho diet train that I had been ridding through my teen years. too much time and energy went into being unhappy about my body. we are not built perfect and I don't think that i want to be. your hubby will never know the "real" you at any weight until you become "happy" with your body, no matter the size or the shape. Plus our weight is just a number not what we really look like. I had two friends who weighed the same but boy did they look different. one looked malnourished and the other looked healthy. they were both 120.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Help me!!!!! I am trying so hard not to snack but my tummy is growling. I ate a sandwich for lunch and it was good but ever sence my tummy says it is still hungry. How do I make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Help me!!!!! I am trying so hard not to snack but my tummy is growling. I ate a sandwich for lunch and it was good but ever sence my tummy says it is still hungry. How do I make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eat something with lots of fiber...like apples or other high fiber fruit...drink some water...how about some other things that are low in calories.?

I posted a long list of things (and how much of each) that are 100 calories this morning.

Missy
Old 09-03-2010, 11:53 AM

drink some tea. that will help, green tea is good for diets however.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Eat something with lots of fiber...like apples or other high fiber fruit...drink some water...how about some other things that are low in calories.?

I posted a long list of things (and how much of each) that are 100 calories this morning.

Missy
Thank you but the only thing I have right now with fiber in it is frosted shredded mini wheats, does that count. can't go grocery shopping til tomorrow.
:( :(
I saw your list and I don't have any of those items.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I don't drink tea because it gives me severe heartburn even the caffeine free does.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
Thank you but the only thing I have right now with fiber in it is frosted shredded mini wheats, does that count. can't go grocery shopping til tomorrow.
:( :(
I saw your list and I don't have any of those items.
How about some water or tea? My nutritionist at the hospital says to drink like crazy when I am in a munchies kind of way. Especially if I do not have the good stuff to eat handy. Just a thought.

Missy
Old 09-03-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I don't drink tea because it gives me severe heartburn even the caffeine free does.
oops! I didnt see that before I responded.

Missy
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Thank you. I seem to be getting thru it by chatting on the board.