Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-06-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Zumba is kind of like a new version of aerobics. I think I would pass out in 10 minutes! But I would like to try yoga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
:shock: OMG! I'm totally with you!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
Zumba is kind of like a new version of aerobics. I think I would pass out in 10 minutes! But I would like to try yoga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
:shock: OMG! I'm totally with you!
It looks so fun and sexy but goood grief would I cause some damage to one of those skinny girls if they came too close to me while dancing!!

Missy
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Glad you're back Missy. Good to hear the barfing has stopped Carrie. Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I got to weigh tonight and I lost 2 more pounds. YAY!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Banned

[quote=Happymom6ny

WOW .. I'm in coram. Where is Bayport? We've been here on LI going on 10 yrs.We are from Va.
[/quote]

About 8 miles from Coram. Take 112 south to Patchogue and Montauk Hwy, make a right and you will go through Blue Point and then it is Bayport.

where in VA I know someone that lives in Farmville. Sje use to live in Bayport buit moved almost 10 years ago.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I got to weigh tonight and I lost 2 more pounds. YAY!!!
I share your joy! Congrats!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by remclave
When you fast do you drink plain water?
Actually, I do consume no more than 500 liquid calories during the day. Most of it is in the form of heavy whipping cream added to cups of decaf coffee (almost pure fat) and a couple of soft-boiled eggs. The trick is to make sure that there is less than 100 calories consumed for each intake. So I actually spike my intake right before bedtime when I use a 1/4 cup of cream to wash down the supplements that I take (vitamin D and folic acid).

Today's intake will be 494 calories total. The amazing thing is: I AM NOT HUNGRY! :D Also, no shakes from the lack of calories.

I learned about Alternate Day Fasting from the Paleo Nutrition groups. Especially from the folks who visit www.PaNu.com. That's a blog that is written by a Dr Kurt Harris. He's done a ton of reading of old studies and has found out that most studies are deliberately skewed to support low fat/high carb diets and the USDA food pyramid. He has a "How to lose weight" page that is superb and a "12 Step - Get Started" program. I've accomplished all but #9 and #12 and I'm working on #9. I am going to start that 30 day shred Monday after my husband's gone to work. I LOVE cheese and I make my own home-made cream cheese so I will probably never give up #12.

ETA: Feast or Famine diet
When you said Alternate Day FASTING, I thought that meant a water fast every other day. People refer to fasting as many different things. There is a juice fast where you can consume as much as you want of juice and water only. There is Ramadon where a religious group (Muslum, I think) don't eat anything until 5 pm they do this for 30 days. There is a water fast, where water is all you get.

Juice fasting is good for weight loss and people use it as a cleanse, it is more acceptable in our society it is considered it to be healthier than the water fast. Some people fast for religious reasons and there are many different forms of that. There is a common religious fast where you eat nothing for three days in order to more effectively pray for someone. Some people fast for 30 days, because Jesus did. It is said to bring you closer to God. People go on hunger strikes in order to get things or to prove a point. Other people fast to cure physical alliments.

When I fast I do not eat any food nor do I drink anything but water. I drink bottled water.

The first time I fasted it was to support my sister and because I was hopeless and depressed about my weight. I was the heaviest I had ever been and the weight was still piling on. I water fasted for 21 days. During that fast I got under 200 pounds and have never went above it again. I stopped drinking soda, my cronic hip pain disapeared, I learned a healthy way to eat, and I became closer to God.

It is recomended that you be closely monitored by a doctor when you do a long water fast. But, it is nearly impossible to find a doctor to support this either for weight loss or for medical reasons.

It is my opinion that the best way to loss weight is to exerise and eat right, and if you want to speed the process up just exercise more! The only reason I mentioned fasting is because I know of three people who have an "I'll kill myself if I am above this weight," weight. I highly recomemend and support water fasting when suicide is the alternative.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:47 AM

I tried so many different diets over the years that I have come to a point where I find it very difficult to buy into any "diet plan". Right now I am just trying to eat healthier, cut back on the Pepsi (we all know I WON'T give it up), and move a little more. The positive I have taken away from two months of no weight loss, is that I seem to have found a workable method to stop weight gain. So, when I do manage to lose the weight I am confident I will be able to maintain it. Please don't think that I am denigrating any diet plan. There are many good ones out there, just not for me.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

Good morning my quilting and weightloss family. Today is new day and I have lots to do that i don't want to do. LOL.
I just wanted to say HI and to wish you all a wonderful Sunday or whatever day is it in your part of the world.
I am feeling good this morning even if I was up at 6 am. It will take me 2 weeks to adjust to the time change. I wish they would just do away with it.
I got to visit with my folks last night, we hadn't seen them in 3 weeks. Dad is a long haul truck driver. He looked at me and said how much weight have you lost? He said your face looks smaller and your clothing is baggy. It felt real good to have someone notice. I think I will be getting new clothing for Christmas from them. I will really need them by then.
I will stop rambling now, guess I am in a talkative mood this morn.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

I tried so many different diets over the years that I have come to a point where I find it very difficult to buy into any "diet plan". Right now I am just trying to eat healthier, cut back on the Pepsi (we all know I WON'T give it up), and move a little more. The positive I have taken away from two months of no weight loss, is that I seem to have found a workable method to stop weight gain. So, when I do manage to lose the weight I am confident I will be able to maintain it. Please don't think that I am denigrating any diet plan. There are many good ones out there, just not for me.
I am right there with you. No diet plan, I gave up on them.
Girl you are up as early as I am. Let's go have breakfast. If only we lived closer.